Are you a triathlete, kayaker, diver, or just someone who loves to get out on the water and escape for a few minutes? Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones are the perfect way to listen to music in water sports or even while working out without worrying about getting your phone wet.
Gone are the days of worrying about your headphones getting wet because these headphones are waterproof. Keep your music playing or make calls while taking a swim, bath, or shower.
So, if you are looking for a good pair of waterproof Bluetooth headphones in 2023, then look at the best ones. With our brief buying guide and headphone reviews, you can easily find a pair for your usage.
Reviewing the Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones in 2023
1. Jaybird Vista 2 – Best Overall
Waterproof rating: IP68
The Jaybird Vista 2 are the best waterproof earbuds for athletic people. These waterproof earbuds are very lightweight and sit perfectly in your outer ear without falling down every minute. They come with a well-designed ear fin in three sizes, ideal for working out and going on adventures. They also have a noise-cancellation feature, allowing people to have a focused workout without distractions.
The Jaybird Vista 2 supports the Jaybird application; you can adjust your EQ settings, bring out the sound fullness, and customize your push buttons and functions. With the IP68 rating, these waterproof earbuds can block out dust, sand, and dirt while staying in 1.5 meters-deep water for up to 30 minutes. They are on the pricier side, but with features like “Find My Buds,” it certainly is worth the investment in case it gets lost.
- Snug fit and versatile
- Impressive EQ controls through application
- Battery storage is indicated in the charging case
- On the pricier side
- Noise-cancellation isn’t the best
2. Jabra Elite Active 75t True Wireless Earbuds- Impressive Sound Quality
Waterproof rating: IP57
People seeking earbuds with an impressive sound quality will love the Jabra Elite Active 75t Wireless. They also come with the Jabra Sound+ app; once they are connected, you can unlock many features and make tweaks according to your liking. The wireless earbuds allow changes to the overall sound quality; through the hearing tests, you can personalize the EQ and ANC settings.
People who travel a lot will love the HearThrough technology the Jabra 75t brings, enabling you to stay in touch with the outside world while listening to music. It’s perfect for people who want a pair of earbuds with Sidetone technology, which allows you to take calls and even listen to them, so you do not end up talking very loudly. These buds have an IP57 rating, protect from dust, and are water-resistant.
On the downside, with all the impressive benefits, it comes with a hefty price tag which may be something you do not want. They are a bit bulky and may fall off easily by accident, but with impressive seven hours of sound with the active noise-cancellation turned off increases the playback time. You can consider it an impressive listening experience!
- Highly waterproof and dust protective earbuds
- They have an Active Noise-Cancellation
- They can be fully customized accordingly
- The fit isn’t the best
3. Anker Soundcore Life P2 – Budget-friendly
Waterproof rating: IPX7
We can’t recommend the Anker Soundcore enough for excellent lightweight earbuds with a lower price tag. The waterproof earbuds are pretty impressive and take the perfect shift from attending calls to sweating these out on a good run on a rainy day. They are quite comfortable and sit perfectly on the ear canal.
It has two microphones on top and bottom, providing excellent clarity during calls without any muffled voices and distortion. With an EQ, you can make adjustments on the higher spectrum and enjoy audiobooks and podcasts. The sound quality of these waterproof earbuds is decent enough to help you get through while listening to all your favorite tracks. According to Anker, the bass enhances up to 43%, so this pair is your go-to if you are looking for budget-friendly options with a higher base.
It also has the Clear Voice Capture technology, perfect for taking calls but keep in mind that it does not filter the background noise completely. These earbuds can surely be taken into the water and are perfect for working out and swimming.
- Each earbud has dual microphones
- Long battery life
- Lightweight and ideal for longer usage
- No controls over volume
- With CVC technology, the microphones are still susceptible to background noise.
4. iKanzi Wireless
Waterproof rating: IPX7
The iKanzi model is the ideal option if noise-canceling technology is your main priority. You can work out more effectively and get into the zone with the built-in noise reduction feature.
With the IPX7 rating, they are sweat- and water-resistance; you may take a shower and sweat heavily all over your headphones without taking them off. No matter how large or tiny your ears are, the 120-degree rotating mechanism gives you the perfect fit. The five pairs of ear coverings in various sizes which come with the earbuds also help to achieve it.
You can use your iKanzi waterproof earbuds for up to 4 hours when ultimately charged. This is especially helpful for lengthier exercises accompanied by hour-long commutes and 30-minute showers. So if you are seeking an earbud companion, this may be the one for you!
- Excellent base quality
- Noise cancellation
- Automatic pairing with the device
- Takes time to charge
5. Amazon Echo Buds – Worth Every Buck
Waterproof rating: IPX4
These 2nd Generation waterproof earbuds provide a list of features you will usually find on expensive buds. They come with Amazon Alexa support, a charging case, the “Find My Buds” feature, and impressive audio quality. These earbuds are ideal for all the people who are athletic and love bass-heavy trucks to get pumped during their workouts.
The headphones have a smooth transition from workout to working because of their active noise-cancellation feature. You can either operate it in the pass-through mode or disable it entirely.
The earbuds are touch-sensitive, which can be a bit fussy as the buttons do not have a tactile response. You also need to set up Alexa to make it operate, so if you are someone who doesn’t appreciate the “always listening” feature, this may not be appropriate for you. Even though they have an IPX4 rating, they are sweat-resistant but should not be submerged. These are perfect for people looking for budget-friendly and decent sound-quality earphones.
- Impressive Bass
- Sweat-resistant earbuds
- The case offers multiple charges
- Active Noise-cancellation
- Short battery life
- Touch-sensitive controls are a bit fussy
6. TOZO T6 True Wireless- Robust Water Resistant
Waterproof rating: IPX8
The appearance may not be the best, but do not be fooled because these true wireless earbuds have a robust level of water resistance. It offers a top-tier IPX8 rating for both case and earbuds. Even though the sound quality isn’t the best but it is consistent and does not have any bouncing, which earbuds usually do.
The waterproof earbuds allow users a quick charging time of one hour and a Bluetooth range of 190 ft. SO get up, get out and go for the run without worrying about battery life.
It comes with 6mm drivers, which has a stable sound but is not very crisp and may also be distant sometimes. They are usually appropriate for athletes, but they have a fit that may not be comfortable for everyone for longer periods. Now the playback time is for up to 4 hours, but the good news is with the case, you can get an extra six hours which is enough for some users.
- Good variety of sizing options
- Long range
- The case and earbuds are water-resistant
- Unstable fit
- It does not have a good playback time
7. Plantronics Backbeat – Sweatproof Headphones
Waterproof rating: IPX5/7
If you are looking for a staple pair of waterproof headphones that look cool, then the Plantronics Blackbeat is perfect for you! It comes with an earloop design and secures perfectly around your ears while you do all the extensive workouts.
It has a hands-free voice call and a Bluetooth connectivity feature, enabling users to listen to music and podcasts and make calls effortlessly. Furthermore, the IPX5/7 rating makes them both dustproof and waterproof headphones. This is the perfect pair for people who love a good workout without worrying about hindrances. The headphones come with 7 hours of battery life, which is ideal for you to carry out your days without worrying about charging every other hour.
- Notifies you when the battery is low
- Buttons help navigate easily
- Lengthy Bluetooth setup process
8. Jabra Elite Sports
Waterproof rating: IP67
The Jabra Elite Sports waterproof earbuds aren’t swim-friendly but are appropriate for strenuous outdoor activities that entail sweating and post-showering. You are given two plugs that exactly suit your ears; they don’t have any wires or connections attached to them.
You can discover the perfect fit for your courtesy of the three sizes of EarGels that are included with the headphones. Each earphone contains two microphones that block background noise so you can listen to undisturbed music.
This device has a remarkable battery life with 4.5 hours of playback time that may be increased to 13.5 hours when a charging case is used. Jabra provides a 3-year guarantee, which is unlike anything offered by any other headphone seller.
- It comes with an app for personalized fitness guidance
- Built-in heart rate monitor
- Not ideal for smaller ears
9. Sony Sports NWWS413LM MP3
Waterproof rating: IP65/68
The Sony Sports MP3 waterproof headphones set the standard high and are recommended if money is not an issue. Their aspects are to die for, as well as their form and sound. The built-in 4 GB capacity, 12-hour battery life, and rapid song transfer from your laptop to your headphones make it a worthy purchase.
Because of their ergonomic design, you can plan your day to spend an hour running, two hours swimming, and an hour boxing while still wearing the headphones.
- Adding songs is very easy from iTunes
- Comes with two sets of earbuds and an adjustments
- Very comfortable to wear for extended periods
- On the pricier side
10. JLAB JBuds Air Icon
Waterproof rating: IP55
The JLab JBuds Air Icon has an extensive Bluetooth connection range measured at 102 feet; combine this with an excellent 7-hour playback time, and you are good to go. You can wear it for soccer games or longer training hours in the gym. The case has a built-in charger cord, so don’t be disappointed with its dubious appearance.
Just plug in the USB type-A charging block to the case output conveniently. Using the case, you can charge thrice and have a 15-minute quick charge. It has 1.5 hours of uninterrupted playback time for you to enjoy.
With the IP55 rating, remember that they are only water resistant, so make sure to remove these before jumping in the pool or stepping into the shower. The Air Icon comes with various ear cups helping you get the perfect snug fit. The headphones offer three EQ options, but all of them do not have a very rich sound. But the downside is that movement affects the sound quality of these headphones.
- Longer playback time
- Extensive Bluetooth connection
- Three full-time charges available in the charging case
- Not entirely waterproof
- Running affects the sound quality
11. Jabra Elite Active 75t Truly Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Earbuds with Mic
Waterproof rating: IP57
The sound quality of the 75ts is exceptional. Having good seclusion from the outside noise helps with that. You can make adjustments to it via the app, but in general, the deep bass is pumped up quite a bit, which can make it seem overwhelming.
Because they have a water resistance rating of IP57 (similar to an IPX7 rating), they are completely protected against water and can be used in severe environments. Additionally, Jabra Elite Active 75t comes with a promising two years.
You have a total of 28 hours to charge these in the case after using them for a total of 7.5 hours. The 5.0 Bluetooth allows seamless communication with no connectivity problems.
These in-ear headphones come with a matching app for your smartphone. You have the ability to alter the EQ as well as the other parameters. In addition, music can be muted using the HearThrough technology if you want to listen to background noise.
- Dependably stable even when in motion
- Easy on the ears for long periods of time thanks to ergonomics
- Completely waterproof with an IP57 (IPX7) rating.
- Exceptional quality of sound achieved through equalization
- HearThrough Awareness mode (helpful for athletes such as runners and cyclists.)
- A competitive battery life of 7.5 hours per charge, with a further 28 hours for standby.
- Controls with a flawlessly executed physical design
- Quality construction throughout.
- The soundstage is extremely small, and all the sounds originate from the center of your head.
- Costlier than the majority of available options
- Only the right earbud can be utilized for mono listening.
12. JBL Reflect Mini NC: True Wireless Noise Canceling Sport Headphones
Waterproof rating: IPX7
JBL’s in-ear headphones for athletes follow the Harman curve response and produce a punchy and clear sound. The bass is enhanced a little bit too much, but happily, you can dial it back in the settings of the app.
These earbuds with a rugged appearance have an IPX7 rating, which means these JBL headphones can be completely submerged in water. Ear fins are available in three different sizes and provide an additional degree of stability.
Because they have a battery life of approximately 7 hours once completely charged, they will serve you for at least two full training sessions. The charging case has the capacity to hold an additional two charges and is compatible with both quick charging as well as Qi wireless charging.
Noise-canceling is another feature offered by the Reflect Mini NC. However, it isn’t effective enough. At the very least, the application permits a respectable degree of personalization in terms of its controls, assistants (including Google Assistant), and EQ.
- After EQ, the sound quality is outstanding.
- Excellent steadiness while engaging in physical activity
- The perfect proportions
- Dependable connection using Bluetooth 5.1
- Companion app featuring a custom equalizer
- Long-lasting construction featuring an IPX7 rating
- Poor performance of the active noise canceling system
- There is room for improvement in the control customization.
13. TREBLAB X3 Pro – True Wireless Earbuds with Ear Hooks
Waterproof rating: IPX7
With the TREBLAB X3 Pro, it is necessary to wear the correct ear tip in the correct ear to achieve the greatest possible fit and a reliable seal. The bass has incredible punch and is under total control, while the midrange is incredibly transparent. The soundstage is also exceptional, which makes them a fantastic choice for watching movies or listening to music.
These earbuds are a more affordable version of the PowerBeats Pro, including an ear hook design featuring a housing made of black plastic. Rubbery hooks are not flexible, yet they still provide an exceptionally high level of stability even while doing strenuous exercise.
Due to the fact that you are able to utilize both earbuds independently in the mono setting, both earbuds support the same instructions. They also use the aptX Bluetooth codec in addition to SBC and AAC.
Because they have an IPX7 rating, you may even wash them in the sink with tap water to remove any sweat that may have accumulated after a workout. In addition, the exceptional battery life of 9 hours per full charge means that the device may be used continuously throughout the day.
- Stability during athletic activities
- Even for longer periods of listening, the experience is comfortable.
- Built to last, it features an IPX7 rating for its protection against moisture
- 9 hours of run time on a single charging of the battery
- Excellent sound quality provided that you get a seal.
- There is excellent potential for passive isolation (especially if you get a seal).
- Both earbuds have a mono mode available.
- Support for the aptX codec.
- It is impossible to get ear tips that are long enough to fit everyone.
- The bulky design contributes to increased wind noise.
- Inconveniently placed center button.
14. Jabra Elite 7 Active in-Ear Bluetooth Earbuds
Waterproof rating: IP57
The new Jabra Elite 7 Active headphones produce a sound signature that is more balanced than that of the Jabra Elite Active 75t model. As a result, these headphones are an excellent option for audio purists who are athletes.
You will be relieved to know that Jabra has extensive EQ settings within their app, allowing you to customize the sound signature per your preferences.
In addition, the earbuds include native active noise cancellation (the 75t gained it after a software upgrade), which is effective to a satisfactory degree. When using the ambient sound setting, you might even receive comparable sound quality results.
The battery life is somewhat increased, with each charge adding an additional 22 hours to the total for 8 hours.
- Clean sound that’s adaptable to a wide variety of musical styles.
- Good active noise cancellation (ANC) that gets rid of ambient noise
- Comfortable fit that you are able to wear for hours on end
- The app is loaded with features, including equalization, control customization, and more.
- The ANC suffers from the wind.
- The fit isn’t secure.
15. Klipsch T5 II True Wireless Sport Earphones with Dust/Waterproof Case & Earbuds
Waterproof rating: IP67
The New Klipsch T5 II’s overall tuning is quite bass-heavy, resulting in a hot frequency response. The highs are crystalline to compensate for the lows, contributing clarity and some sibilance.
The T5 II earphones come with a charging case that is both fashionable and reliable. On the other hand, the high water resistance contributes to the bulkiness.
You might have encountered a lot of different waterproof TWS manufacturers making claims about the earbuds’ capacity to be waterproof.
But you must never bring up the charging case in relation to its protection against dust and water. The name Klipsch T5 II Sport refers to the earbuds themselves and indicates that the charging case is a part of the package.
Imagine that you have just finished working out or taking a shower and that you put your sweaty and damp earbuds back into their charging case. Could you please confirm that the charging case also carries the IPX certification? However, you won’t have to stress about a thing thanks to the Klipsch T5 II Sport waterproof shower earphones.
The case has been given an IP67 rating. as well as the earphones themselves. Your earphones will remain dry at all times thanks to the moisture-removal mechanism contained within the case. In addition, the robust case has been strengthened so that it can withstand being dropped accidentally.
You will find a variety of Klipsch ear tips plus ear fins inside the packaging, which will allow you to choose the optimal fit for your ears and ensure that the earbuds remain in your ears. Using a companion app, you are able to further customize by adjusting the sound, among other things.
- Sound that is both powerful and pleasant
- Earbuds with a case with an IP67 rating for extreme water resistance
- Strong construction
- Battery life is excellent.
- Personalized equalization is built into the app.
- Sibilance occurs sometimes
- There is room for improvement in the microphone’s sound quality.
Buyers Guide to Finding the Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
In today’s market, you can find multiple waterproof Bluetooth headphones but checking which one lasts longer in the water and is the right fit is a lot of work. With the comprehensive guide we have here for you, you can find out all you need to consider before buying the best waterproof Bluetooth headphones.
3 Things to Consider When Purchasing Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones
If you are looking for a good pair of waterproof Bluetooth headphones, then there are three things that you should consider before making the purchase.
You should find out what the best price is for your budget. This will help you to know how much you need to spend on your purchase.
Type of music
Are they compatible with all types of music or just specific genres? They will be a better buy if they are compatible with all kinds of music. If they only work with a particular genre, it may not be worth the investment.
Find out what other people have to say about this product and whether or not it is worth the investment.
How to Connect/Pair Your Device With the Waterproof Headphones?
There are various factors to consider when it comes to waterproof headphones. Some of the most important considerations include the type of device you want to connect with your waterproof headphones, the type and size of earbuds you have, and how much noise the headphones will be able to block out.
You can pair your device with your waterproof headphones in a few ways:
Connecting via Bluetooth
This is one of the easiest methods for connecting two devices. However, this method does not work well with older devices that do not offer Bluetooth connectivity.
Follow the steps below to connect via the Bluetooth method:
- Keep the Bluetooth on your device open so the earbuds can easily pair up.
- Now start opening your waterproof earbuds case.
- As soon as it opens up, they will go into pairing mode, and you can then see the name pop up on your devices.
- Tap on the earbud’s name on your phone, and it will automatically connect your waterproof earbuds with your device.
- Voila! It’s done, and you can now listen to your favorite tracks, audiobooks, and even podcasts while working out and swimming.
Connecting via cable
This is another simple way to connect two devices. You will need an audio cable with a 3.5mm jack on one end and a plug connecting to your device’s headphone port. You can easily combine both devices and listen to all you wish.
What is the highest waterproof rating for headphones?
The highest waterproof rating for headphones is IPX7. This is when the waterproof Bluetooth headphones immerse in the water for up to 40 inches depth for up to 30 minutes. Any waterproof earbuds or headphones with this rating have a complete enclosure, can be used during swimming, running in the rain, and are headphones for showering.
Which are the best waterproof earbuds?
Jaybird Vista 2 are also known as the best waterproof earbuds; along with it comes the JLab Elite Active and Anker Soundcore.
Can I swim with IPX7 headphones?
A pair of headphones with an IPX7 rating can be submerged in the water for up to one meter. The manufacturing company specifies the kind of water it can be taken into and if they are saltwater appropriate.
Is it safe to use my AirPods in the shower?
You absolutely CANNOT wear Apple AirPods in the shower, but as long as the pods are kept inside the case, they will remain functional even after being washed in the washing machine. Simply ensure there is no evidence of water damage before using them again.
Both the AirPods Pro and the AirPods 3rd generation have a IPX4 water resistance rating. This indicates that very light splashing is the only type of water exposure safe for AirPods. These earbuds are susceptible to being ruined beyond repair if they come into contact with even a tiny amount of water.
How much money should you invest in earbuds that are wireless and waterproof?
In general, the higher the price point, the higher the quality of the waterproof Bluetooth earphones you may get.
There are a few different price ranges, which are as follows:
- Under $50: You may find waterproof headphones on a budget for less than fifty dollars, including the essential functionality and sound.
- $50 – $100 The headphones that offer the best value for their price range are those that cost between $50 and $100. These headphones often have excellent sound quality and may even have some additional functions.
- $100 – $200 The greatest waterproof wireless earbuds with the most up-to-date technology and high sound quality may be purchased for one hundred to two hundred dollars.
Are there any differences between the headphones used in the shower and those used for swimming?
The common misconception is that headphones designed for the shower can also be worn when swimming. However, this is not the case. You are submerged in the water when you are swimming. The attenuation of the signal that results from the presence of water molecules prevents you from hearing the music.
It’s just a tip, but you shouldn’t swim while wearing headphones designed for the shower. You won’t be able to pick up the Bluetooth signal from your source and they will most probably get water damaged.
Are the charging cases for earphones water-resistant?
When manufacturers of headphones state that their products are waterproof, they are referring to the earbuds, but what about their charging case? Is the carrying case for the charging device waterproof? It would appear that they do not have any resistance to water.
The charging cases on the shower headphones are likewise not watertight like the rest of the headphones. During the process of charging the buds, you need to exercise extreme caution. Always ensure that your headphones are dry before charging them. However, the charging case included within the waterproof TWS is not itself waterproof.
When placing the TWS earbuds in their charging case, you must also exercise extreme caution. You shouldn’t put them in the case if they are still wet.
Regarding gadgets, buying the right pair of waterproof Bluetooth headphones and even waterproof earbuds can be quite the hassle. With so many headphones in the market, we have taken out the best waterproof earbuds and Bluetooth headphones that are up to the mark. These headphones and earbuds can be used for running in the rain, swimming lessons, and working out.
It may not be the easiest choice, but you can quickly get something that falls under your requirements.
- Corsair Void Pro RGB Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Headset Review
- Hyperx Cloud Stinger Review
- Logitech G930 Review
- 10 Best Gaming Earbuds
- Sony PS5 Pulse 3D Wireless Headset Review
- Turtle Beach Stealth 600 (PS4) Review
- The Best Gaming Setups 2023 List
- JLab Go Air True Wireless Earbuds Review
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro Review