There is a mountain load of content on Netflix that you cannot view because of its region restrictions. All the movies and shows that you see vary according to the country you are in. A friend in the UK may have different content from a friend living in Spain. In some countries, the library is minimal. In those cases knowing how to change regions on Netflix can quickly get you access to all the fun shows and a list of movies.
Changing the region may seem challenging at first, but it is very simple. However, keep in mind that if you do not do it correctly, then Netflix may get the hang of it and end up blocking your IP address. We have explained all you need to do in the guide here on how to change your country on Netflix. Let’s dig in and learn about it so you can binge-watch and catch up on all your favorite shows and movies!
How to Change Region on Netflix
Do you want to binge-watch Grey’s Anatomy but don’t have it in your region? No delays because you can now learn how to change the region on Netflix in just a few steps.
- Subscribe to a premium service offered by a VPN provider like ExpressVPN.
- Now download and install the application on your device.
- Log in to the application using your details and connect to a region’s server you know offers all the content you wish to see.
- Open Netflix on your browser, enter your credentials, and you can view all the content library of the selected region.
- Voila! It’s done, and you can binge-watch all the shows and movies you missed out on.
Why Do You Need to Change the Netflix Region?
Netflix is a popular streaming service that provides entertainment for people worldwide. You can watch TV shows, movies, and documentaries worldwide with just one subscription payment. However, not everyone has access to Netflix in their country. That’s where changing your Netflix region comes in handy!
You can change your Netflix region in two ways: by using a VPN or a DNS service. Each of these methods has its advantages and disadvantages, so it is up to you to decide which one works best for you!
In what countries will Netflix be accessible in 2023?
Netflix got off to a sluggish start, and the company was exclusively available in the United States for the initial ten or so years. After the year 2010, when Canadian Netflix was given the ability to expand internationally, there was no going back. After considerable growth in 2016, Netflix is currently available in almost all countries, with the exception of China, the Crimean Peninsula, Syria, and North Korea.
The content that is available on Netflix is different depending on where the user lives. Netflix continually adds new episodes of television series and films to its library. You are able to stream every season of One Piece on Netflix, in addition to some of the top Korean Dramas that are available on Netflix.
Best VPNs to Change your Netflix Region
You require a reliable VPN service to change your region and get access to Netflix in other countries. We have provided you with a list of top-notch services that offer ease and the best service without any interruptions and delays.
Netflix is a platform that provides access to TV shows and movies, and the content varies from region to region. So, if you are not in the United States and want to watch American Netflix, you need to change your IP address to an American IP address.
The easiest way is by using a VPN service like ExpressVPN. It provides the best privacy protection and has servers in over 94 countries. You need to connect it with your device and select a US server for streaming US Netflix content. ExpressVPN is a service that provides an encrypted connection to the internet, and it offers both free and paid versions of its VPN service.
The free version of ExpressVPN is ad-supported, which means it will show users ads while browsing the web. The paid version does not have ads and includes features like a kill switch, which can block all internet traffic if the VPN connection drops.
UltraVPN is a VPN service that offers the most secure, fastest, and cheapest VPN services on the market. It has provided its customers with the best VPN service for over 15 years. The company operates with a strict no-logging policy, which means it does not keep any logs of your online activity.
UltraVPN offers a variety of packages to suit all needs and budgets. Whether you are looking for an affordable monthly plan or want to enjoy unlimited bandwidth for one month, this provider has the perfect package for you.
For users wondering how to change their Netflix region, all you need to do is sign up for UltraVPN, connect to a server and then access the Netflix website or app from your browser or phone, and you will be able to change your region easily.
Surfshark is one of the most secure VPNs on the market, with military-grade encryption. It has a strict no logging policy and does not keep any data logs about its customers or their online activity. The company also has an easy-to-use interface for its customers.
It allows them to surf the internet anonymously and securely from anywhere in the world with just one tap on their phone screen. SurfShark is a VPN service that offers a 7-day free trial. With the free trial, you can get unlimited bandwidth and access to all of SurfShark’s server locations.
SurfShark’s IP address changing feature makes it easy for users to change their location and access different content on Netflix by changing regions. Get content from all over the world using SurfShark.
NordVPN is a virtual private network that provides security and privacy to users. It is based in Panama and has servers in 60 countries.
NordVPN was established in 2012 and protected up to 6 devices simultaneously. It has a strict no-logs policy, which means that NordVPN will never track user activity or store any data logs. The VPN service also offers military-grade encryption, the best encryption on the market today. You can easily change your location and get access to all the content you wish to view.
PureVPN is a leading VPN service provider with over 500 servers in 141 countries.
The company was founded in 2008 by GZ Systems, a leading global IT security solutions provider. PureVPN has been providing VPN services to many customers worldwide, and it’s now one of the largest VPN providers in the world.
PureVPN offers an easy-to-use application that can be installed on any device and supports all major platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux. It also offers custom software for routers like DD-WRT Tomato, AsusWRT Merlin, and PfSense to enable users to connect to the VPN network from their home networks.
How to Change Netflix Region without VPN
For those wondering how to change the Netflix region without a VPN, we have listed three ways you can do that conveniently.
Smart DNS Service
Smart DNS services are an alternative to VPNs as they offer different benefits. Unlike VPNs, smart DNS services do not encrypt your data, which means that your ISP can still monitor and throttle your internet traffic. This is why you may want to consider using a VPN with a smart DNS service if you are concerned about privacy. You can use it on any device and operating system, and you don’t need to download software or apps to use it.
A proxy browser might be a good alternative for people who want to change their region on Netflix without VPNs. A proxy browser changes your IP address and the location of your computer. This means that when you open up Netflix, it will think that you are accessing it from another region, such as Canada or the United States.
Tor browser is free software that allows you to access the internet anonymously and helps to change the region on Netflix without VPN. It is much easier to use the Tor browser than VPNs or other software because the Tor browser is available as a browser add-on for Firefox, Chrome, and Opera.
Tor Browser works by routing your connection through various nodes in the network, which volunteers run all around the world. This process makes it difficult for anyone to identify where you are connecting from and what information you are sending.
How Can I Switch the Netflix Region on My iPhone?
With the assistance of a virtual private network, you may access any Netflix library from your iPhone by switching your location. Please proceed in the following manner:
- Sign up for a reputable VPN service such as ExpressVPN.
- Go to the App Store on your phone, and download the Virtual Private Network program.
- Install the VPN client on your device, then log in to it using the credentials you were given.
- Create a connection to a Virtual Private Network server in the nation whose area you wish to assume. For example, connecting to the Melbourne server is required to access the Australian version of Netflix.
- Launch the Netflix app, and take pleasure in having access to the collection of the server you’ve chosen.
Please take note that there is now no way to change the Netflix region on an iPhone without using a virtual private network (VPN). A virtual private network is absolutely necessary when switching locations.
How Can I Switch Netflix Region on My Android Device?
You have the ability to alter the location of Netflix on your Android smartphone or tablet. Put an end to your confusion about how to change the country on Netflix Android by following the instructions that are provided below:
- Signup for a premium VPN provider such as ExpressVPN.
- You can get its application by going to the Google Play Store and downloading it.
- Install the VPN client on your device, then log in to it using the credentials you were given.
- Create a connection to a Virtual Private Network server located in the nation whose area you wish to assume. For instance, if you want to access Netflix Canada, you should connect to the server in Toronto.
- Start the Netflix application on your device, and you should now have access to the Netflix catalog for the area you selected.
Note: If you want to know how to switch the Netflix location on your Android device without spending any money, you will need to subscribe to a VPN service.
How Can I Switch the Netflix Region on My PS4?
You cannot install a VPN application directly on a PlayStation 4. However, you may use MediaStreamer to switch the Netflix region on a PlayStation 4. On your PS4, changing your IP address can be accomplished by following these steps:
- Get a premium account with ExpressVPN.
- Launch the ExpressVPN client software of your choice and log in to your user account there.
- Now, open the DNS settings tab for your ExpressVPN account.
- Proceed to the IP address registration page, where you will click on Register my IP address and then activate the option to Automatically register my IP address.
- After that, navigate to the ExpressVPN setup page, then search for the IP address of your MediaStreamer DNS server.
- Now Start up your PS4 and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the area labeled “Network,” and then click on the “Set Up Internet Connection” button.
- Now, select either the Use wifi or Use a LAN cable option under the How do you wish to connect to the network section of the menu.
- Select the Yes option if the software prompts you to use the currently configured wifi settings.
- Select Custom from the drop-down menu labeled How do you wish to set up the Internet connection?
- Choose your wireless network connection, then enter the password.
- Make your selections from the following options: IP Address Settings should be set to Automatic, DHCP Host Name should be left blank, and DNS Settings should be set to Manual. After that, choose Primary DNS.
- Click Done, then Next once you have entered the IP address of the MediaStreamer DNS server, which you obtained in step 4.
- Finally, make the following adjustments to the settings: MTU Settings are set to Automatic, and Proxy Server settings are set to “Do Not Use.” Internet settings have been adjusted, and you should now test your internet connection.
- Now restart your PlayStation 4, and after that, you will be able to select a new area.
How Can I Change the Netflix Region on My Roku Player?
If you are ready to put in some effort, there are a few alternatives for altering the location where Netflix is available on your Roku streaming player; however, Roku lacks support for native VPN apps.
Getting into another nation is easy if you just follow these instructions. Netflix on Roku:
- Install a VPN router, then link your Roku device to the VPN.
- Set up a wifi hotspot on your laptop that is protected by a VPN, and then connect your Roku streaming device to it.
- If you want to view Netflix Italy, connect to the server you want to use, such as the Cosenza server.
- You can screencast to the Roku via an Android-based phone or tablet protected by a virtual private network (VPN).
How Do I Switch the Netflix Region on My Smart TV?
Is it possible to use Netflix outside of the United States? Changing the region on Netflix on a Smart TV is straightforward and gives you access to a wide variety of new material. Put an end to your confusion about how to switch the Netflix region on your TV by following these steps:
- Register with a trustworthy virtual private network (VPN) service. (ExpressVPN comes highly recommended by us)
- Find your virtual private network (VPN) on the Google Play Store, then install it.
- Connect to a Virtual Private Network server based in the region of your choice. For example, you can access Netflix India by connecting to Singapore.
- Change the region on your smart TV by going into the settings of your device.
- Sign in to your previously setup account. If you wish to change the Netflix region without using a VPN on your TV, it will show the content available in the nation you selected.
Sadly, there is no method to accomplish this goal. Changing the Netflix region on a Smart TV requires a VPN.
- Is it easy to change your region on Netflix?
Changing the country or account is impossible unless you move to a new place. But if you are traveling or planning to move, check Netflix for details. Using a VPN is ideal because you can access Netflix and hide your region, and this will give you movies and shows available to all areas worldwide.
- How do I change my Netflix region without using a VPN?
There are a few ways to change your Netflix region without using a VPN, and a Smart DNS service is the best way. You can also use remote desktop software, proxy server, the Tor browser, or even a VPN server in your home.
- What country has the best Netflix?
According to Surfshark, the United States has the best VPN with many titles. You can find about 5,8879 shows and movies of different categories. But Canada is known to have the most extensive catalog of movies, precisely 4,043 films for users to binge on.
All those who have been surfing the internet trying to find the answer to their How to change your country on Netflix query. Your questions and queries have now been answered. You can now waste no time and watch all the shows and movies you have been missing out on. If you wish to see Spanish content change the server to Spain; for more Canadian content, the Canada server will do, and the USA server to get access to an ideal content library. Now get Netflix in other countries and avoid downloading movies which take hours. So grab your favorite snacks and get started!