With a wide range of riveting content to watch, Hulu is the choice of millions of people worldwide. The premium streaming service has many strengths that make it a popular choice but issues like the Hulu error 94 can dampen the user experience.
Fret not because you can swiftly go back to watching your favorite shows on Hulu thanks to our eight tried and tested solutions to remedy the error 94 on Hulu that we have meticulously searched and sourced from various places from all over the internet. Whether you are using the Xbox One, a Windows 10 computer, Apple TV, or an Android device be it any device, chances are we have the fix the Hulu loading error 94.
But first, to fix the error 94, we must look under what it is:
What is Error 94 on Hulu?
App users experience Hulu error 94 while watching a video. Users have reported facing this issue on nearly all devices, including Android-based tablets and phones, iOS devices, Windows computers, and the Xbox One.
Streaming stops when you face the Hulu error 94, and if you don’t fix it, you won’t be able to resume streaming movies, shows, or events on your Hulu app.
To properly and fully fix the error 94 Hulu, it is beneficial to understand its causes. Therefore, let’s consider why the problem occurs:
Why does “Error 94” on Hulu Happen?
Some of the main reasons why error 94 happens are as follows:
Corrupted Cache: Sometimes, launch configurations cached by devices get corrupted on a single or more device, leading to performance issues. Usually, services cache configurations to minimize loading times and improve user experience; if the cache gets corrupted, it can prevent the app from working.
Internet Connection Issues: For streaming services to work on demand, it is crucial to have a stable internet connection with ample upstream and downstream speeds to ensure smooth operation. Poor internet can stop an application from having a stable connection with servers to stream content.
Outdated App: It is also essential to keep your application up-to-date to avoid any issues. Good quality streaming services update their servers and applications regularly to improve user experience, remove bugs and make the stream smoother. If you are using an older version of the app, you might face server compatibility issues that can stop the service from working on your device.
Outdated Software: Similar to keeping your application updated, it is crucial that the operating software of the device is also updated to ensure that the apps are compatible and work smoothly. Check for software and application compatibility when installing the app on your device.
VPN: If you use a VPN service to protect your data and hide your location from the servers, it may also prevent you from using the streaming service because of incompatibility between your ISP and the service servers. Usually, the server flags your connection as suspicious when your location is hidden or masked.
Solution One – Deactivating the Device
In most cases, something as simple as deactivating and then reactivating the device can jumpstart the stream, and it starts working without any errors. Follow the steps mentioned below to login to the account and then page reactivating it after removing it.
- Start your browser and go to the official Hulu website.
- Enter your details in the login option.
- Find the block icon on the top right, hover your mouse to find and select “Account” from the list.
- Find and select the “Manage Devices” button right next to the “Watch Hulu on Your Devices” option in the “Your Account” section.
- Select “Remove” to deactivate it.
- Now reactivate it by entering the code while logging in.
- Check whether or not the issue is fixed.
Solution Two – PowerCycling Devices
If the issue remains, then power-cycling the devices involved in the streaming process eliminates any corrupt cache. Follow the steps below:
- Unplug the internet router and your streaming devices from the power source.
- Press the “Power” button and hold for at least 15 seconds.
- Plug the devices back in the power source and allow them to power on.
- Stream Hulu to check whether or not the issue is fixed.
- You can also use recovery software to help you scan the repositories and replace corrupt and missing files.
Solution Three – Update the Hulu App
In some cases, the Hulu app needs an update to function correctly. Follow the steps mentioned below to update your Hulu app according to your device’s type of operating system.
On a Windows computer, the updating process is relatively simple, here’s how you do it:
- Shut down the Hulu app and open the “Microsoft Store” from the taskbar.
- Click the “Three Dots” located in the top right corner and go to the “Downloads and Updates.”
- Click on “Get Updates” and start the downloading process.
- Once the update has been successfully downloaded and installed, open the Hulu app and stream to check if the issue has resolved.
- Go to the Google Play Store and click the “Menu” option in the top left corner.
- Select the “My Apps and Games” option and go to the “Updates” tab.
- Select the “Check for Updates” option. Wait, and the Play Store will show the available updates.
- Initiate the update by pressing the “Update” option in front of the Hulu app icon.
- Wait for the Hulu app to update and install.
- Recheck the app to see if the issue is resolved or not.
For Android TV:
- Find and press the “Home” button on your remote.
- Find and select the “Google Play Store” under the “Apps” option.
- Now select the “Auto-Update Apps” option and choose the “Auto-Update Apps at any time” option to update the Hulu app on Android TV.
For Apple TV:
- Go to settings and open “Apps”.
- Select the “Automatically Update Apps” option to allow the system to auto-update the apps.
- Check if the issue persists after the Hulu app is updated.
Solution Four – Updating the Software Of Your Device
Hulu might show errors if your device’s software is outdated. Updating the software is essential because outdated software usually causes compatibility issues with new applications that hinder the app’s functionality.
We hope that our four tried and tested solutions help you in resolving the error 94 Hulu. No matter which device or software you face Hulu error 94, this guide will surely help you troubleshoot Hulu Error 94. Which of the solution mentioned above helped you? Please share it with us all.
- How to Fix Netflix Error code M7121-1331-P7 and M7111-1331-4027
- How to Fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
- How To Fix Twitch 2000 Network Error
- How to Fix Windows 10 Audio Services Not Responding Issue?
- 7 Best Sockshare Alternatives
- 8 Best Los Movies Alternatives 2020
- 4 Best Countries To Watch Netflix
- ExpressVPN Review
- Ivacy VPN Review
- Surfshark VPN Review
- 10 HBO Max Tips Every Streamer Should Know