ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED often occurs while browsing the Internet. Basically, this error means that the browser cannot connect to the host on the Internet. This error restricts the browser’s access to the network and usually occurs when the Internet is not connected to your computer.
ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED is a Google Chrome error message and can be caused by several reasons such as network settings, internet connections, and device issues.
How to fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED
Here are some solutions to fix ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error
Use a different web browser
There is a good chance that your Chrome browser is causing this error. Try visiting the website that Google Chrome was unable to open with a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox or Opera to check if ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED is a browser-related issue or not. If there is no error in accessing the website with a different browser, then the issue is related to your Google Chrome browser. However, if other browsers are unable to open the website, then the error may be linked to your network configuration, your computer, your modem, or even the Internet cable.
Check your WiFi connection
Today, since it is easy and fast, WiFi is everyone’s favorite wireless connection to the Internet. If because of any reason the WiFi connection is disabled, the internet connection will be lost, and the ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error will appear in your Chrome browser. Restarting the modem fixes this issue in most situations. Once a WiFi connection is enabled, Chrome will connect to the web page automatically.
Check your Network Cables
The majority of connections are via a router that gives you access to all other network-connected devices and the Internet. But first, ensure that the network cables are not damaged and are properly wired and that the modem is connected. Check the connections on both ends of all cables. Reload the page and see if it is loading.
Check Local Area Network Settings
An automatic adjustment in the Local Area Network Settings within your PC is among the causes for the ERR INTERNET DISCONNECTED error. You can recover your internet connection by adjusting those settings.
- First press Windows Key + R
- Type inetcpl.cpl and press Enter
- Click on Connections tab and select LAN settings
- Check Automatically detect settings and Uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN
- Click OK then Apply
- Open Chrome and see if it fixes the issue
Delete WLAN Profiles
WLAN profiles (Wireless profiles) are built every time a new wireless network is connected. It includes the SSID, security keys, and other wireless linked settings that automatically connect your device to your Wireless network. In Windows 7, it was clear that you could only pick “Manage Wireless Networks” in the Network and Sharing Center of the control panel and clear saved networks. This choice has been withdrawn from Windows 8, requiring you to use commands Prompt. But Microsoft offers another graphical GUI for this in Windows 10.
- Right-click on Start (Windows icon) and click on Settings
- Click on Network & Internet
- Select WiFi from the left menu
- Now click on Manage known networks
- Click on the wireless network that you want to delete and click on forget to delete it
Antivirus and firewall or other security tools may also block Internet access. Try uninstalling antivirus from your PC and see if it fixes the issue; if yes, then your Antivirus software was causing the problem. Now you can either continue using the same by reinstalling it or use a different one.
Clear browsing data
In Google Chrome, browsing data like cache and cookies can often lead to Err Internet Disconnected error. You may need to clear your browsing data to remove the error.
- First open Chrome and type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the address bar
- Choose clear data the beginning of time from the drop down menu
- Check all the items in the list and click on clear browsing data
- Now check if this fixes the issue
Flush DNS and reset network settings
Flushing DNS and resetting network settings are successful ways to fix network problems. To carry out these acts, you must open Command Prompt.
1. Right-click on Windows icon and select run
2. Type cmd in the dialog box
3. Enter the following commands in command prompt and press enter after each line of command
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
- Restart your PC and see if it fixes the issue
Reinstalling network adapter
- Press Windows key + R
- Type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box
- Select Network adaptors in Device Manager
- Right click on Network adaptor and select uninstall
- Restart your computer and the device will be reinstalled automatically by the system
Hardware issues can also be the reason for ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED error. In this case, you will need to contact your device manufacturer for solutions.
The Guide ends here. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.