Live streaming is a kind of craze of the present era. People being passionate about live streaming tend to find the surpass alternatives. That’s the reason why Twitch has gained extreme popularity with a great audience of more than 3 million over the years. Back in 2011, Twitch was launch as a free video streaming platform, quite similar to YouTube.
Twitch is a quite popular platform among live streamers worldwide, as it enables streamers to publicize their activities and build a huge social community. The platform is more aligned to the gamer’s community but covers many other niches such as sports, food & drinks, travels & outdoors, etc., offering 3 tiers of subscription. People can watch the videos free of cost and also on free or paid subscriptions with extended options.
Twitch black screen
Many Twitch platform users often encounter a common issue during the live streaming video; their screens get black on streaming time instead of displaying content. Before diving into its fixing ways, it is better to explore the reason behind it prior.
Reasons of Twitch stream black screen
As we all know, being a live streaming platform requires a consistent internet connection so, it is obvious that this problem is also linked with internet connectivity somehow. There may be many reasons behind the black screen in Twitch. We have covered few extreme common reasons with their working solutions for the ease of Twitch users experiencing this issue.
Firewalls or content blocking application
There is a possibility that the built-in firewall feature in your device or any installed antivirus may cause this issue, as firewalls normally attempt to block certain websites & web content.
Conflict with DNS settings
Inactivity of transport layer security in your computer DNS settings may restrict the video streaming, and it can cause a black screen issue. To resolve this issue, you can also attempt to enable the transport layer security by custom DNS settings.
Cookies or few corrupted files auto-saved by the browser often impact the browser’s performance badly and leads to lag or clash in the browser. This may result in the black screen in Twitch.
Chrome browsers generally have a hardware acceleration option in active mode by default to enhance the browsing performance, but sometimes it may cause a crash in the browser or slows it down. This clash in the browser may also be a cause of the black screen.
When it comes to internet connectivity issues, the router can be considered the main reason behind any technical problem.
Twitch server down
There is also a possibility that the Twitch servers may get down due to any technical reason, and this can lead to the black screen problem in live streaming. If this happens in your case, then you cannot fix it by yourself. You will have to wait until the Twitch server starts working accurately.
Solutions to fix Twitch screen black issue
Following are the working solutions to sort out the mention causes of the black screen. Before proceeding to these technical fixes, try to fix it by a quick way of refreshing the streaming web tab of Twitch once.
You can disable your firewalls in few seconds by following the simple steps mention below.
- Click on the window icon to open the window menu.
- Now either search for windows setting or navigate to settings directly.
- Select the network & internet settings from the window settings menu.
- Select the windows firewall option.
- Here you can see the option to disable firewalls from public & private networks.
To enable the custom DNS settings on your computer, you need to follow the steps stated below.
- Click on the window icon on the desktop interface to open the control panel.
- Select the network & internet option from the control panel menu.
- Click on network & sharing center.
- Select the change adapter settings option from the left panel.
- Right-click on your active connection provider network to open its properties.
- Select internet protocol version 4 from the list and click on its properties.
- Click on the “Use the following DNS server address” option to enter your custom address.
- Insert 126.96.36.199 address in the “Preferred DNS server” tab.
- Then insert the 188.8.131.52 address in the “Alternate DNS server” tab.
- Click “ok” to save the changes and restart your computer.
To off your hardware acceleration mode, follow the stated procedure step by step.
- Open your chrome browser.
- Click on the dotted icon shown on the top right corner and select the “settings” option from the menu.
- You can also type this address chrome://settings/ in the search bar of your browser to access Chrome settings.
- Navigate to “system” settings and click on the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option to disable it.
- Click on the “Relaunch” option to save the settings.
Practice the following measures to resolve router issues causing a black screen in Twitch.
- Try to refresh your router by switching it off and then restart the router again.
Reset network configuration
To resolve the black screen issue, you may need to reset your network configurations. Follow the steps stated below to reset your network configuration.
- Click on the windows icon from your desktop screen and type settings.
- In the Windows settings menu, click on Network & Internet option.
- Select the “network reset” option from network & internet settings.
- This will clear all your network settings.
You can also reset your network configuration via CMD.
- Run command prompt as administrator.
- Type the following commands in the CMD interface respectively and press enter after each command.
- ipconfig / flushdns
- ipconfig / release
- ipconfig / renew
- Now, close the command prompt and restart your computer to save the applied changes.
Clear Your Browser Cache
Most browsers save cache and cookies by improving website loading time and reducing bandwidth usage. With time, these files become outdated, corrupt, and cause connection issues resulting in a Twitch black screen. You’ll need to clear your browser’s cache and cookies to fix this issue. Follow these steps clear cache and cookies:
- Click open the menu or the three dots on the top-right corner to find settings/options.
- Next, open the Privacy and security settings, select Clear Browsing Data, and clear the Basic data.
If that does not fix the Twitch Black Screen issue, clear the Advanced Data. If you are not willing to remove all time browsing history, you can try clearing data of the Last 24 Hours, Last 7 Days, or Last 4 Weeks. Ultimately clear all browsing history of the Twitch Black Screen issue persists.
Experiencing a black screen on Twitch can be frustrating, but it’s a problem with various potential solutions. By understanding the possible causes and following the steps outlined in this guide, you can effectively troubleshoot and resolve the issue. Remember, a clear cache, updated browser, and a stable internet connection are often the keys to enjoying uninterrupted Twitch streams. In the end, with a little patience and the right know-how, you can get back to enjoying your favorite content on Twitch without the hassle of a black screen. Happy streaming and viewing!
- How To Donate On Twitch?
- How To Fix Twitch 2000 Network Error
- Guide For Troubleshooting Hulu Error 94
- How to Fix Geforce Experience Not Opening
- How To Fix Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003
- How To Fix “Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281”
- How To Fix “Steam Content File is Locked” Error
- How to Fix Xbox One Error 0x97E107DF
- How To Activate Twitch TV