With the increasing amount of influencers and content creators day by day. These influencers want a public profile where they can post all about their lives daily. What better way than to choose Snapchat, where it’s all about photos and videos?
How many times do you read a post in a day? Probably less, but viewing a picture and video takes a second, and Snapchat is all about making small portions of your day exciting and fun.
In recent times, Snapchat has decided to up their game and made it easier for all the people searching how to make a public profile on Snapchat 2020. This started mainly during the COVID times when everyone was enclosed in their homes.
Most of the people among us brought out their creative side and decided to depict that, and some people just straight up became influencers motivating the people around them to get up and make their time as productive. If you still haven’t joined the bandwagon and want to know how to make a public profile on Snapchat 2022, then we have your back!
Let’s dive into the details and find out all about the Snapchat public profile and how you can make a shift from a private account. To reach a wider audience, keep reading to find out the in-depth details!
What is a Snapchat Public Profile?
Before making your profile public, there are a few basics you need to understand on Snapchat public profiles. When making a public profile, keep in mind that it helps you reach many people through your account. It helps widen your account’s reach and broadens your viewers.
Using a public profile, you can also add a photo of yourself, a bio describing you, even a description, your location explaining where you are based, and multiple lenses to your Snapchat public profile. Multiple users get a chance to subscribe to you if they like your content and can see what you post on a daily basis. Your friends and the list of your subscribers are different.
Public profiles also provide users with various features to make the experience more fun.
Public Profile Vs. Going Public: How Does Snapchat Work?
Going Public Vs. Creating a public profile both differ from each other, to understand both of them better, here’s what you need to know:
When it comes to a public profile on Snapchat, you make an account for people to subscribe to and view. You can make fun videos, post your daily routine and even talk to your subscribers and motivate them towards doing better things. You can use this platform for a wide range of items. Just make the most of it!
Going public on Snapchat means that you can use your already made private account on Snapchat and make it a public account. You can use the steps below for you and make your account public.
Can Anyone Create a Public Profile on Snapchat? Let’s Get In-Depth!
Yes, anyone can make a public profile on Snapchat, but there is an eligibility criterion which is stated below:
- When making a public profile on Snapchat, make sure you are 18 years and above to make use of this feature.
- You should be a Snapchat user for a duration of 24 hours.
- It is also imperative to have at least 1 two-way friend, which means you have accepted their friend request, and they have accepted yours.
- It would help if you also cohered the Community Guidelines Snapchat itself.
So for all those who were wondering how old you have to be to make a public profile on Snapchat, you now know how it works!
How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat
- Start by opening the application and tapping on the Bitmoji, which can be seen at the top-left corner of your mobile phone.
- As soon as your profile opens up, click on the horizontal dots, which can be seen next to the ‘Add to Spotlight’ option; you can find this under the ‘Spotlight and Snap Map’ portion.
- Now a pop-up appears on your smartphone screen. Tap on the ‘Create Public Profile’ option, and after selecting it, a confirmation pops up. Click on continue to move on with the process.
- The next step is to tap on the ‘Get Started’ and hit the ‘Create’ when the confirmation banner pops up.
- The banner that shows your name will now be displayed when you post your snaps on the Snap Map and Spotlight. Even the lenses you have created will appear on your profile that has now been made public.
- You are set now! Access your public profile shown under the ‘Public profiles’ option; this shows you the stories and even the spotlight tabs.
The Pros of Having a Public Profile on Snapchat
The Snapchat public profile can be pretty advantageous but its better if you understand how it can benefit you:
1. People All Over The World Can see you:
Snapchat allows people to make public profiles that anyone who has the app installed can see. This means that you can create a public profile and connect with people around the world without having to worry about privacy issues.
This makes your viewer reach diverse as many people may end up loving you and your work from different parts of the world. But all you are doing is posting pictures and videos from the comfort of your home or even work.
2. Creative Hub
Many people are now using the Snapchat app to share their creativity. The app is a great way to showcase your creativity and attract followers. It also allows you to show off what you’re doing in real-time, making it an excellent tool for creative professionals.
Make your Snapchat profile a creative hub with fun videos, motivational videos, and so much more! Use your account and influence people through fun ways to make it even more fun.
3. You Get a Chance to Influence a Lot of People!
That’s right! Social media handles are quite the hype today because somehow, most of us get easily inspired by what we see. If our favorite YouTuber, blogger, or snap chatter posts something, we get intrigued and sometimes even follow what they are doing.
This can be taken as a worthy cause because it will do nothing but influence people to make the most of it and allow people to do well too. This may bring a positive change in someone’s life over some time
Gateway to Income Opportunities:
Yes, that’s right! Who knew social media handles would be a means of earning for people today. So many people working as influencers on Youtube, Instagram even Snapchat can now easily make a few bucks promoting a brand and encouraging people to get their hands on it.
Social media handles become a fun yet perfect gateway to make money while staying at home. How cool!
With that being said, with your know-how with the evolution of time, the changes in social media that we have observed now are a game-changer. Apps like Snapchat have amped up to keep up with modern times like today.
With that being said, you know you are aware of how to make a public profile on Snapchat and how it can be used for your benefit. Making a public profile can be a fun option.
You can just use it for posting on and off or make something big out of it. It all comes down to your preference. You can also use this to let your loved ones and well-wishers see what you are up to and motivate them. So what’s stopping you? Make your Snapchat Public and enjoy posting!
- 4 Social Media Content Writing Tips
- 4 Core Things A Digital Marketing Agency Can Do For Your Business
- How To Delete A Reddit Account Permanently
- How to Make a Post Shareable on Facebook
- Sprout Social Vs Sendible
- How to Hack Someone’s Instagram Without Them Knowing
- The Prime Times to Post on Social Media Platforms [Infographic]