Connecting your phone to your TV has always been difficult, especially because you have to attach wires and cables to watch whatever you want from your phone onto a bigger television screen. But that is now an effortless task to do with the simple option of screen mirroring from your Samsung Phone to your TV.
Sounds easy, doesn’t it? In fact, it is easy as life gets with technological benefits. To know more about how you can do this, scroll below.
Although do make sure all your devices are updated because it may not work otherwise.
How to Do It?
There are a few ways to cast from phone to tv, and we have listed four of the easiest methods below.
First Method: Smart View
To cast something from your Samsung Phone onto your TV, you need to follow the steps given below:
- First of all, select whatever content you want to showcase on the TV, such as the required picture, video, Netflix, Hulu, etc
- Access your Quick Settings by swiping down from the top of your phone screen
- You will see the options of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Torch Airplane mode, etc. Then swipe left.
- The choice of Smart View should be visible to you (the icon seems like a play button inside a circle with two dots. Click on it.
- The nearby available devices, such as the ones you should be able to cast your content on, should be visible to you. Out of which, select the option for your TV.
- A message should pop up asking for your permission to start mirroring with the help of Smart View. Click on the option of “Start Now.”
- There is a chance of your TV asking for permission for the mirroring request. With the help of the remote, accept the request.
And Viola, your work is done; you should now be able to cast everything from your Samsung Phone to your TV.
There is also a likelihood of the view on your Television screen being smaller than what you are able to see on your phone. In such a case, you can change the ratio settings from your phone. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on Smart View (To go to Smart View, refer to Steps 1, 2, 3, and 4 above)
- Then access the Smart View “Settings.”
- Click on the option of Phone Aspect Ratio
- You will see options stating Full Screen on the phone and Full Screen on the connected device. Choose the option of Full Screen on the connected device.
Second Method: Flow Application
Another way to cast your Samsung into your TV is through the Samsung Flow Application. Especially for those who have a Galaxy Note or a Galaxy S20. To cast from a Samsung phone to a TV through Flow, make sure the Flow app on your phone is updated and has Windows 10 installed. Then take the following steps:
- Open the Samsung Flow app on your phone
- Select your TV through the option that pops up
- Enter the passcode on the devices
- The setup will be completed, and you can share content and cast from your phone to your TV.
Third Method: Tap View
One of the benefits of Tap View is that it does not require WiFi or mobile data usage. Enable the Smartthings app feature available on a Samsung phone to use Tap View. Then moving further, you can benefit from this feature by following these steps:
- Click on the SmartThings app for your phone
- Click on the three horizontal lines that are the Menu
- Click on settings
- Click on Tap View to turn it on
- Keep your phone close to the TV and wait for the phone presence detection notification.
- When it appears, click on it.
Fourth Method: Google Home
You can also cast from your phone to TV with the help of the Google Home app. To do this, ensure the microphone has permission, and your Android is 8.0. Then:
- Click on the google home app
- Click on devices of Favourites
- Select the device on which you want to cast the content
- Click on the option of Cast
- How can I cast from my Samsung phone?
To have a smooth connecting process and cast from your Samsung phone, ensure the wifi on your phone and the device are the same. Now open the Google Home application and move on to Favourites or the Devices on your phone. Now touch and hold on to the device you wish to cast your phone screen too. Now, finalize and tap on Cast to begin casting.
- How can I cast my phone to my TV?
Follow the three steps to learn how to cast your phone on your TV:
- Start by connecting your TV and phone to the same Wifi.
- Now enable the feature on your TV through your Settings.
- Find the screen mirroring feature, choose the device on your TV, and establish the connection. This will mirror your phone’s screen on your TV.
- Does Samsung have screen mirroring?
For mirroring an Android phone, especially to a Samsung TV, you need to open the Settings. Now move on to the Smart View title or Screen Mirror option to cast media items from your phone to your TV.
We hope that now you may be able to cast the content from your phone to your TV successfully and won’t have any issues doing so, especially if you own a Samsung Phone.
These tips should make your life easy, and we bet you thought that screen mirroring was a way more complex and technical task than it is.
So the next time you want to show your family pictures from your travel, show them on the big screen!
- Samsung Galaxy Book Pro Review
- Samsung May Be Looking To Relaunch the Galaxy S21 FE Before the Galaxy S23 FE
- Galaxy Z Fold Threatened by Pixel Fold – Will it Launch Earlier
- Samsung Is Rumoured To Be Bringing Back Fan Edition Phones With the Galaxy S23 Series
- Samsung Teases the New Pro-Grade Cameras on the Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold’s Future May Have a Dedicated S Pen Slot
- Google Pixel 8 Pro: Is This the End of Curved Screens?