The “Safe Mode” on Tumblr blocks explicit content from search results and is the subject of much conflicting information. Users are also interested in finding ways to disable the mode. Unfortunately, there is no other choice; but if you are ready to go through a few steps, you can still access all types of content on Tumblr.
This article provides users with a comprehensive guide to access all types of content, so stay tuned till the end to find out how to make things on your Tumble app more interesting on different devices!
What is Tumblr Safe Mode?
Like other social media platforms, Tumblr is also a popular application. Users can share different inventions, cool gifs, funny memes, and art. You can also find a lot of NSFW content on Tumblr. Now all of this content on the internet is quite sensitive, but on Tumblr, it is free to roam alongside the regular content.
The newly launched concept has a new mode to filter out content for Tumblr users. Safe mode is given to this model and filters out any adult content and blogs, and it isn’t appropriate for teens and youngsters to view.
Why do you need to turn off safe mode on Tumblr?
GIFS and memes are fun to communicate on different social media platforms today. Like any other social media website, Tumblr is also one of the most commonly used sites with a large amount of traffic. It is the perfect place to get your meme and GIFs fix to make interactions fun and your GIFs game strong. But with time, the NSFW content has increased vastly. You will find blogs with adult content that are filtered with the Safe Mode. The site is relatively conventional amongst youngsters today because they post art-related content, GIFs, photos, different quotations, and other exciting stuff.
The website has a search bar that enables you to browse content according to your liking. Now despite the attention and popularity Tumblr gets, it still is a massive outlet for youngsters to post and check out different adult content. Not everyone wants NSFW content popping up on their newsfeed, so if you are someone who wants to avoid adult content, then you can turn on the Safe Mode on the application for a smoother experience. The safe mode feature allows a safe search and maintains a secure surfing experience for users. So if you do not have a problem with the adult content, you can keep the same settings. But if you do, then you can switch to the safer search option.
How Can You Turn off Tumblr Safe Mode?
We have displayed the right ways to turn off Tumblr safe mode on different devices.
How to Turn off Safe Mode on your PC:
The following step-by-step guide will help you through the process of disabling the Tumblr Safe Mode on your web browser:
- Open the Tumblr website on your web browser.
- Sign in to your Tumblr account using your credentials.
- After you are signed in, then click on the profile option and your icon. You will find this in the top right corner of your page.
- After doing this, a drop-down menu will pop up, allowing you to choose different options.
- Now you will be redirected to the settings page; you will find a filter option, so click on it.
- This will then open the Safe Mode option, which is enabled. You can click on it to disable your safe search.
- Now you can enjoy different types of content as you search!
How to Turn off Safe Mode on your Android:
Use the step-by-step guide that will help you to disable the Tumblr safe mode on your android devices.
- Go to the application menu on your android devices.
- Then open the Tumblr application and go to the Profiles section, which you will find at the bottom right corner of this page.
- This will open your private Tumblr profile on your Android devices.
- After you have opened this, select Settings at the top right corner.
- This will open up a new menu with settings to help make changes to your searches.
- Then select the General Settings option, which opens a new menu with more options.
- Now select Filter, which will take you to the page with the Safe Mode option. Now by the default settings, the safe mode is on.
- You can put the toggle off and quickly access all the NSFW content and blogs.
How to turn off SafeSearch on iPhone and other iOS devices:
Use the step-by-step guide to help you turn off the Safe search option on your iOS devices.
- Open your devices and then click on the settings application in the menu.
- Keep scrolling down towards the options until you get to the Tumblr application.
- Select it, and then there will be a safe mode option; select that too.
- This will bring you three choices under Safe Mode; now, choose the ‘Don’t hide anything option.’
- You have currently disabled Safe Mode, and you are free to surf the NSFW content on your application.
Can you switch to Tumblr mode without an account or log in to your Tumblr account?
No, you can’t, but this can be done using some websites that allow the user to bypass Tumblr restrictions. So users who do want access to adult content and blogs can use these websites to do so. These websites help mimic Tumblr’s functionality and explore all of the controlled content. For such websites, you do not have to log in to your account; type in the domain web of the site and then enter. You will get access to all that you wish to see. Now keep in mind that this cannot be done on the application and can only be done on the web browser on your PC.
1. Why can’t I turn off Safe Mode Tumblr?
If you do not have an account on Tumblr, you can’t turn off the Safe Mode on Tumblr. You will have to Tumblr login and then turn off the safe search option to get adult content and the usual content you get.
2. How do I see sensitive content on Tumblr?
To see sensitive content on Tumblr and make your search enjoyable, you can just turn off the safe search on your Tumblr app on your devices, allowing all the content to appear on your Tumblr feed without restriction.
3. How do I turn off the Safe Mode?
Turning off the safe mode is relatively easy; you need to have access to your Tumblr app on your device or the web browser, and you can do it by going into the settings and turning the toggle off for Safe Mode to explore more creative content.
So what are you waiting for? Now use the Tumblr app and search for different GIFs and memes, and find blogs to which you can relate. We recommend users from 18 and above disable the safe search option, while others can just go with the usual Tumblr search. Explore all the fun content Tumblr has in store for people who would love to view some explicit content.