Are you planning to get a new Apple watch and wish to sell your old one? The easiest way to do that is to take pictures of it and unpair the apple watch so you can reset it to get sold. You will have to unpair it from your iPhone, and before doing that, make sure to back it up so your previous data does not get lost.
While unpairing your Apple watch, make sure to keep your iPhone close; this way, an automatic backup is created on your phone before the data gets erased. Grab your iPhone, and Apple watches now to get started!
Ways of Unpairing Apple Watch
Some of the ways you can unpair your apple watch include the following:
- You can do it through the apple watch application on your iPhone
- You can unpair without your passcode
- You can unpair without your iPhone
- You can do it through the iCloud Website
Now let’s get into the detail to find out all about the unpairing process. It’s quick, easy, and requires some step following.
How to Unpair Apple Watch Using Your iPhone
To unpair Apple Watch from your iPhones, you will have to follow the step-by-step instructions we have here. It will take a few minutes, and then you will be done!
- The first course of action is to remove any Transit cards inside your Apple Watch. You can do that by tapping on the Watch application on your iPhone, Wallet, and Apple Pay and then clicking on Transit Cards.
- Keep the Apple Watch and your iPhone close, and then open the Watch app on your phones.
- You will now have to choose the My Watch tab, which is right at the bottom of your display screen, and then click on All Watches, which is on the top left corner of your iPhone screen.
- Now tap on the ‘i’ that is circled, which you can find right next to the watch you want to unpair.
- Choose the Unpair Apple Watch at the bottom of the screen and then tap on the Unpair option again.
- Those with a respective Cellular Plan can either choose to keep or remove the Plan; this is up to you.
- Now enter your Apple ID and Password if you are asked.
- After the unpairing is complete, you will see the “Start Pairing” message on your screen.
- This is when you know the process was successful, and the watch is unpaired.
How to Unpair Apple Watch Without Password
Apple users can also unpair their Apple Watch if they cannot remember their passwords. But do keep in mind that a fresh backup won’t be created. Remember that you have to remove it from your iPhone at some point. To successfully unpair Apple Watch without a password, you can follow the directions below:
- Start by putting your Apple Watch on charge.
- Now press and hold the side button as if trying to cut the power.
- Then press and have the Digital crown of the Apple Watch until you see the option of Erasing all content and settings.
- Now tap on the Reset Apple Watch.
- Voila! You are done and have successfully unpaired your Apple Watch from your iPhones.
How to Unpair Apple Watch Without iPhone
If you plan to Factory reset your Apple Watch and do not have your iPhone with you, then you can do this through the wearable. While doing this, keep in mind that you will not be able to acquire a full backup of your watches. Later onwards, you will also have to remove it from the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings application on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on General and then scroll down to the bottom of the screen
- Click on the Reset Apple Watch option.
- Now tap on the Erase all content and settings, and enter the password if a prompt appears.
- Now swipe down and choose the Erase All & Keep Plan if your watch is cellular or Erase All.
- The process is smooth and you can easily reset your apple watch and unpair it.
How to Unpair Apple Watch through iCloud Website
In cases where your Apple Watch is missing or has been stolen, then you can Reset Apple Watch through a remote setup. Change the Apple Watch to its factory default, and to do that, you need to follow the steps below:
- Open your web browsers and then go to the iCloud Website.
- Now open the Find My iPhone.
- Then select the Apple Watch on all devices on the Website.
- Click on the Erase Apple Watch and confirm it as soon as the pop-up appears on your screen.
- Now Reset Apple Watch and change it to factory default, and the data will be wiped remotely without having access to the watch.
This method is an easy way to be safe so your data does not get into the hands of someone who may misuse it.
1. How do I remove Apple Watch pairing without iPhone?
You can remove the pairing of your Apple Watch without having to go through the process of unpairing it from your iPhone. To do this, you will need to find your Apple ID in the iOS settings on your iPhone. Then select ‘iCloud’ and then tap on ‘Find My Watch. This will locate the watch in question and make it possible for you to unpair it from its current iPhone.
2. How do I manually unpair my Apple Watch?
To manually unpair Apple Watch, you can reset the watch on the application that is on your iPhone. This will create an automatic backup but will delete the watch and erase all the data on your watch.
3. Do you have to unpair Apple Watch from iPhone?
Yes, you must unpair the Apple Watch from your previous iPhones because this will allow the pairing of the Apple Watch to your new iPhones. Wipe out all the details, and then Unpair Apple Watch from your old iPhone. When it is unpaired, it will automatically change to Factory default settings.
For those wondering about How to Unpair Apple Watch, we have mentioned all the possible methods you can use to Reset Apple Watch and get it to the factory default. The quick and easy process makes your watch the same as new. You can either sell the watch or give it to someone else without worrying it won’t. Do keep in mind to remove the Apple Watch from your iPhone as well so you can connect the new watch you plan to buy.
- Passvers iPhone Unlocker Full Review Why Choose It?
- The Rumoured Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Variant Supposedly Performs Better Than Apple iPhone Chips
- Why Are My Apps Not Downloading on My New iPhone 13?
- How to Fix “Last Line no Longer Available” on iPhone?
- How to Increase the Alarm Volume on iPhone X
- How to Use AirDrop on iPhone and Mac