HTC has been out of the race for the best Android phone for a while now. It used to be well known for having popular releases but has lost its popularity in recent years. The company has now shifted its focus to the midrange market. Leaks and details about the upcoming budget HTC handset may reveal an exciting phone on the horizon.
The leak comes from the Chinese website ptt. cc, which revealed a few real-world photos of the upcoming device called the HTC U23 Pro 5G. The source suggests that the phone’s rear panel and frame are made using plastic, which is unsurprising given the phone is expected to be a midrange device. A closer look at the rear gives away details about the cameras. The HTC U23 Pro seems to have a quad-camera setup with a 1080P primary sensor.
Details about the other sensors have not been revealed but leaked images of the phone’s screen reveal a few key specifications. The image of the phone screen shows it running the AIDA64 hardware detection tool. This shows off a 4600mAh battery with wireless charging support. The device is also powered by a Snapdragon 7 Gen 1, which will likely be paired with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
According to the leaker, the phone is expected to run Android 13 out of the box, which is standard practice now. It will also have a 3.5mm audio jack, which is a must-have on cheap Android phones. The leaked photos also show off the model number 2QC9100. However, there are two more variants, which have the model numbers 2QC9200 and 2QCB100. These numbers could refer to a regular model and another variant.
In recent years HTC has scaled back its smartphone releases due to stiff competition. In 2020 the company only released the HTC Desire 20 Pro. Since then, the company has shifted its focus to the mid-range market, and the HTC Desire 22 Pro was its last offering. With the release of the HTC U23 Pro 5G, it is hard to gauge whether or not the company plans to return to the smartphone market by releasing premium devices.
- Rumors Suggest That Qualcomm May Be Skipping the Plus and Releasing the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3
- Qualcomm Launches Its New Insider Program – Get Your Hands on All the Latest Snapdragon Devices
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 To Power Most Upcoming Flagships
- Samsung Is Planning To Launch Its Galaxy S23 Series With the Snapdragon Chip Globally
- One Plus 11R Might Use the Best Qualcomm Processor: The Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Chipset
- The Rumoured Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Variant Supposedly Performs Better Than Apple iPhone Chips