The world is changing rapidly, and so does the IT industry. New technologies are emerging, and a lot of specialists want to get certified in those skills that go with them to be eligible for job positions. Therefore, all vendors evolve their certification programs from time to time. They add new levels, merge some tracks, and retire the irrelevant exams. The same thing happens with the Microsoft program. The company continues to grow its role-based certification portfolio and has decided to say goodbye to all the remaining Microsoft MCSA 70-740 VCE Exam Dumps, MCSD, and MCSE paths and their related tests. All these mentioned levels will be retired on January 31, 2021. And the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 credential is on the list.
So if you want to get this associate-level certificate, you need to speed up, especially considering the fact that you will have to take 3 exams in order to obtain it. They are 70-740, 70-741, and 70-742. Time flies quickly, so you will need a lot of it for dealing with this trio.
In this post, we will talk about Microsoft 70-740 because this is the first exam to start your journey. This test is created for the IT professionals who have some working experience in the field, especially with local as well as server storage solutions. The exam focuses on storing, installing, and computing with 70-740 VCE Dumps Windows Server 2016.
The candidates perform general installation tasks, including configuring Nano Server, installing it, as well as creating and managing images for deployment. Microsoft 70-740 is ideal for the individuals with some experience with local storage solutions and server storage solutions, including data deduplication, disaster recovery, the configuration of disks and volumes, failover clustering solutions, high availability, and storage spaces direct. Those who want to take this certification exam should also have some familiarity with monitoring and maintaining servers in both physical and compute environments.
Just like most exams of this level, Microsoft 70-740 is provided in English, Portuguese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Russian, Spanish, German, Japanese, and French. Overall, you will have to deal with about 60 multiple-choice questions within 2 hours to score at least 700 points. After getting this mark, the candidates will be under the “Pass” category.
To register for the 70-740 test, the fastest way is to visit the exam webpage right on the Microsoft website. Otherwise, you will need to visit the home page of the Pearson VUE platform, go to the “For test-takers” dropdown and choose “Schedule an exam”. Then, find the “Schedule your exam” button on the page, search for Microsoft in the list of vendors, and click on the “Login” button after opening a new page. The site will redirect you to the Microsoft exam list. There are too many steps that you may simply skip by logging into the Microsoft account from the certification webpage. Most importantly, do not forget to pay the fee of about $165.
The Microsoft exams usually come with a mixture of question types. As for the 70-740 test, the most common question formats are as follows:
- Multiple choice;
- Drag and drop;
- Best answer;
- Hot area;
- Case study;
- Active screen;
In preparation for the 70-740 test, it is recommended that you follow any changes regarding the exam format and curriculum, as Microsoft tends to make changes to these sections without prior notice.
The Microsoft 70-740 exam syllabus reveals what skills and knowledge a student needs to possess in order to sit for this certification test. Microsoft made the latest update on its topics on March 13, 2019. Since then, there have not been any changes to the syllabus. Therefore, the 70-740 exam covers the following:
- The largest part of this test is on how to implement high availability. This section covers about 30-35% of the entire content. All in all, the examinees should know how to configure cluster networking as well as use Hyper-V Replica and Cluster Operating System Rolling Upgrade.
- As for the “Install Windows Servers in Compute & Host Environments” section that has at least 10-15%, you should be able to transfer workloads from WS 2008/2012 to WS 2016. You should also know how to install and upgrade these migrated workloads.
- Under the “Maintain Server Environments” objective(10-15%), the applicants are required to implement WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) solutions and integrate them with Windows Defender. They have to manage workloads through Performance Monitor programs and watch over Windows Server using Windows Admin Center.
- The students should learn how to install Hyper-V and configure its networking and storage, as well as work with VMs and convert them to modern versions.
- In the area of implementing storage solutions, the learners should know how to use Windows PowerShell to help them make VHD files. Another thing to be evaluated is mounting various virtual hard disks. The candidates will need to implement storage layouts for disks and also configure storage pools.
- The section where you have to know everything about implementing of Windows containers is the smallest topic in the exam, forming only about 5-10% of the whole content. Under this domain, the individuals are required to know how to manage and deploy this solution.
Passing the Microsoft 70-740 exam requires a great deal of commitment from your side, and you need to be ready for this. To make the task easier for you, you have to take all the prep materials that Microsoft offers on its official website and add the premium bundle with a video course, a study guide, and a practice test from the ExamSnap platform. These two sources will have a huge impact on your learning, so don’t neglect using them to the fullest.