We have all grown up reading stories and watching movies with all our favourite princesses. From the tales of Sleeping Beauty to Rapunzel’s tower and her longest braid and the fierceness of Mulan. Disney sure has come a long way, from helpless women to brave leaders; it’s taught us so much. But the question is, how old are all these Disney princesses now? Watching the movie doesn’t give us an idea of their appearance because they’re confined in their timeless beauty.
Come along on the enchanting world of Disney as we embark together to find out the ages of all our beloved Disney princesses, from the delicateness of Snow White to the elegance of Cinderella, and the charisma of Rapunzel has nothing but multiplied. Uncover the ages of each of these princesses and find out multiple facts about each. So grab your magic wand, put on your glass slippers, and explore the age of all the Disney princesses!
What is the Age of Of All the Disney Princesses?
Let’s not wait further and kill the curiosity and find out the ages of your favourite Disney Princesses!
Sleeping Beauty’s Aurora
When the Sleeping Beauty movie premiered, Aurora was just a 16-year-old girl and was too young to be cursed with sleeping forever. But like every other fairytale, Aurora’s story was also very dark especially seeing how old she was. The movie Maleficient which came out in 2014, is from the villain’s POV and cast another 16-year-old to play her role. Here are a few interesting facts about Aurora from the movie Maleficient.
- She’s also known as Briar Rose, who, like the animated Disney princess, falls under the curse which only the kiss of true love can break. King Phillip will be the man for the job and awaken her from her deep sleep.
- Her name is derived from the Latin word Aurora, which means dawn, and it reflects her true nature.
- Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather are the three fairy godmothers who play an essential role in raising her safely and away from Maleficient’s eyes and protecting her.
- She has a beautiful voice, and her song Once Upon a Dream has become a Disney classic.
- Her character’s inspiration is from the classic fairytale Sleeping Beauty written and published in 1967 by Charles Perrault.
- Based on her recent movie Maleficient, Aurora is now 25.
Cinderella’s age in the movie is 19 years old, between the ages of her two step sisters. This is because to attend the ball of the King, you had to be of age because all the fair maidens were invited. The story of Cinderella has had the highest number of remakes and adaptations, but the 2015’s movie was very close to the original story. The character was played by Lily James, who was 26 years old when the film came out.
Here are some interesting facts about the loved Disney princess, also known as Cinderelli, by her little companions:
- Cinderella is famous for her iconic transformation, changing from a scullery maid to a beautiful princess. This moment made her famous among kids and adults because it portrays her true beauty.
- Instead of having human companions, she’s surrounded by little animals, including Gus and Jaq, birds and her lovable dog Bruno who make her life happier and help her whenever she’s in trouble.
- The glass slipper plays a pivotal role in her story, helping her find her true love and escape the cruelty of her stepmother and sisters.
- Cinderella is loved for her resilient character, and even if the mistreatment towards her is quite a lot, she stills hums around and stays positive and hopeful.
- Cinderella has inspired many girls who have grown up with the hope that life can transform from rags to riches. So many of us have grown to this idea and want a little fairytale of our own.
- According to her recent adaptation in 2015, Cinderella’s age is now 26.
Snow White was just a 14-year-old who had to fend for herself and fight the Evil Queen. Like Cinderella, Snow White has also had quite a few adaptations; the latest was Mirror Mirror, played by Lily Collins, making it a fun interpretation involving many musical and tunes. The actor herself was 23 years old when the movie came out. Another serious adaptation was the movie Snow White and the Huntsman, where Kristen Stewart, a 22-year-old at the time of the movie, plays Snow White.
Both Kristen Stewart and Lily Collins are older than the original movie character to tell the story. Another adaptation of the movie is set to come out in 2023, starring Rachel Zegler, who’s 21 in the movie.
Here are some exciting things you might want to know about Snow White:
- Snow White loves humming, and her signature song is Whistle While You Work which is another Disney classic showing the princess’s optimistic nature.
- Snow White finds refuge with the seven dwarfs, including Dopey, Sneezy, Sleepy, Doc, Bashful, Happy, and Grumpy, who make space for the princess in their house t help her out.
- Like every other princess, Snow White was very kind-spirited and famous for her charisma and purity. Her ability to see goodness and soft nature makes the movie cute and fun to watch!
- According to the original Disney film that came out in 1937, Snow White is very old and aged 86. But from the recent adaptations of the movie, she’s still a 21-year-old stuck in the world where the evil queen is after her.
In Tangled, Rapunzel is an 18-year-old who has been put away in the tower, and upon leaving it with the help of Eugene, she acts even more childish. All of this is because of her lack of exposure to the world around her, especially because she’s locked up and has no one to talk to except her evil ‘mother,’ herself, and Pascal, the little chameleon.
Here are some interesting facts about Rapunzel that you need to know:
- Rapunzel has magical hair that is incredibly long, and the magic begins when she starts singing the Healing Incantation, which makes the movie even more popular.
- She’s very creative and spends time creating murals on the walls of her tower.
- She has the cutest companion, Pascal, who changes colours according to her emotions.
- She has healing powers and easily restores youthfulness, but once her hair is cut, it loses all its power, and the colour goes from a gold blonde to a brunette.
- Tangled came out in the year 2010; and she was 18 then, now she is 31.
Ariel from The Little Mermaid
The Princess from The Little Mermaid, Ariel, when she left her father’s sea kingdom was just a 16-year-old who went after her one true love. The movie’s newest adaptation will be released in 2023, with Halle Balley playing Ariel, and at the time of the release, the princess will be 23 years old. Also, here are some interesting facts you don’t want to miss out on.
- Like every other Disney princess, she was also free-spirited and inquisitive. She longs to become a human and collects artifacts from shipwrecks, and her fascination for the people on land grows further.
- Ariel has the most beautiful and vibrant hair, making her captivating and stand out amongst all the other Disney princesses.
- She has the cutest companions under the sea, including Sebastian, a wise crab and Flounder, a loyal fish.
- The Little Mermaid, which came in 1989, is an Oscar-winning film and has gotten a lot of love and two Academy Awards, kickstarting the Renaissance era of Disney.
- While Ariel’s age may not have been explicitly stated online, according to the calculation, she was 16 when the first movie came out, and now in 2023, she should be 50. But in the newest adaptation, she’s a 23-year-old, which gives it away that no matter how many years pass, your favourite and loved Disney princesses won’t be getting old anytime soon.
Beauty and the Beast’s Belle
Belle’s age is not entirely mentioned in the movie; however, based on assumptions, she’s a 17-year-old young woman. In the live-action adaptation, starring Emma Watson, Belle is 27 years old. Belle is a brave woman who has a free-spirited nature and is kind towards everyone. Her kindness leads her to fall in love with the Beast and help him eliminate the curse. Here are some fun facts about Belle:
- Belle and her father are a charming duo who support each other throughout the movie and share immense love and eccentric things; hence his inventions are also the same.
- She’s an avid reader with a love for books. She spends her free time reading all about romance and adventure and yearns for a life outside the village.
- Belle lives in a French village and is loved by everyone for her kind nature and beauty. So many men want to be with her, but no one amongst them has attracted her yet.
- While she stays in the castle, like every other Disney princess, she has a list of magical companions who are also part of the curse, like the beast and have turned into household objects. There’s Lumiere, Mrs Potts, Chip, and Coggsworth.
- The song Belle and the movie itself is a classic and timeless Disney princess movie.
- While Belle’s age isn’t really mentioned anywhere, we can assume after the latest adaptation that she’s in her 30s.
When Mulan left to take her father’s position in the army, she was just a 16-year-old. But in the 2020 Mulan remake, Disney cast Yifei Lui, who was 33 years old then. Amongst all the Disney movies, this is the most substantial gap between the original Disney animated character and the real-life character. But it does seem fit because the character has to go through the hardships faced in a war which are a lot for a 16-year-old, as initially shown in the first Disney movie. Here are some interesting facts about the movie that you probably didn’t know:
- The movie is based on a Chinese Legend that is 1500 years old and tells the story of a girl who disguises herself as her father to take his place in the war.
- Mulan is unlike any other Disney princess; she has no magical powers and doesn’t come from a royal background. Instead, she joins the army and disguises herself as a pan named Ping.
- She has loyal companions like other Disney princesses, including Mushu, a small dragon, and Cri-Kee, a lucky cricket. They make her journey even more fun and support Mulan through her military endeavours.
- Mulan starts slow, but her determination leads her to acquire the skills she needs to survive in the military as a warrior.
- Mulans story has been adapted into both reality and animated; the movies came out in 2020 and 1998, respectively, with their special elements. This movie is yet another Disney classic.
Else and Anna
When the first Frozen movie premiered, Anna turned 18, and Elsa was a 21-year-old. The first movie revolved around Elsa’s coronation, and the second movie, Frozen II, came after a three-year gap making Anna 21 and Elsa 24. Amongst all the Disney movies that have come out, the ages of the Disney princesses in this movie franchise are the most appropriate. They receive their titles at the right age and take responsibility at the right time. So if you look, you’ll discover that Elsa and Anna are older than your usual princess.
Jasmine, in the Aladdin story, was a mere 15-year-old girl with brave suitors wanting to get married to her. But in the remake of the movie that came out in 2019, Jasmine is played by Naomi Scott, who was a 26-year-old when the film premiered, giving Jasmine a younger but mature look. The adaptation showcases an older version making the story acceptable for all viewers. Here are some interesting facts about Jasmine:
- Like every other Disney princess, Jasmine also has a loyal companion who is a Bengal tiger and goes by the name Rajah.
- Jasmine is the first Middle Eastern princess with an independent spirit. She defies the usual responsibilities of a princess belonging to a Royal family. Instead, she wants freedom of choice and refuses to marry for Political favours.
- One of the most favourite and classic moments is the romantic ride that Aladdin and Jasmine took when she sneaked out at night.
Tiana is one of the oldest princesses, and when the movie premiered, she was 19. Having no royal lineage, she still married a prince and opened her dream restaurant.
- She was an ambitious dream and a very hardworking woman determined to open her restaurant.
- Tiana was Disney’s first African-American princess, bringing much change to the usual animated princess films.
- The movie was set in the vibrant city of New Orleans, rich in culture, jazz music, and delicious food.
- Tiana was played by an American singer and actress, Anika Noni Rose. The music numbers in the film are classic and make the movie fun.
- The movie has a magical twist, bringing a touch of the usual Disney movies.
When the movie premiered, Moana was only 16 years old, and like every other Disney princess, she was a teenager. She also disobeyed her parents and was determined to do the right thing. She undergoes a frightening journey and is a free-spirited girl who has to face the god herself but with the cooperation of a demigod. Here are some interesting facts to help you learn more about Moana:
- Moana is a curious teenager leading to her love for adventure.
- She had an intense attachment to her Polynesian ancestors and wanted to explore the history of her people beyond the Island.
- The movie has multiple soundtracks, including You’re Welcome and How Far I’ll Go, which have a traditional Polynesian musical touch, making the movie a massive hit.
- Seeing how the movie came out in 2016, she was 16 years old, and her age now is 23 years.
Merida was a 16-year-old teenager when the movie Brave hit the cinema, making it self-explanatory how she wasn’t interested in getting married and falling in love. Instead, she wanted new experiences, and her courage made her want to explore the world. Here are a few fun facts about Merida:
- She was an extremely skilled archer and showcased her precision throughout the movie.
- Like Ariel, Merida has gorgeous red hair that suits her fiery personality, and her curly locks make her the cutest Disney princess.
- She’s from the modern world, is more independent, and has a very headstrong nature. She’s ready to make decisions and wants to challenge gender roles while normalising everything for females and males.
- Merida is the first Scottish princess, bringing in the folklore of the Scottish Highlands. The movie has a lot of Scottish inputs, such as kilts and bagpipes.
- The movie is Pixar’s first female protagonist who leads the film and her life with immense courage and bravery.
- The movie was released in 2012, and she was 16 then, now she’s a 27-year-old, according to calculation.
We all have grown up seeing movies on most of these Disney movies, and some of the characters like Anna and Elsa, Merida, and Moana have been added just recently, but you’ll observe how each of the Disney princesses are headstrong and the storyline itself has come a long way. It went from the princesses being helpless girls to taking matters into their own hands. You’ll find them learning skills for the battle, and it’s not just limited to them wearing the finest gowns. But as time has progressed, so has their age. We have listed the current age of all the Disney princesses based on their original films and adaptations!