Hiring a technical team of offshore developers and delegating development work to them is no secret to businesses looking to save costs while ensuring a successful product launch. By collaborating with external IT experts other than your in-house teams, you can bring your projects to life faster and more affordably.
More than that, hiring external resources can help you address the reality of global tech talent shortage, prohibited-expensive project budgets, and other bottlenecks. Better than onshore or nearshore development outsourcing, offshore dedicated teams offer the same level of agility, expertise, and experience but with more cost-efficiency with, fewer risks, and a shorter development cycle.
When it comes to dedicated teams, there are certain factors you should keep in mind before as well as while hiring one. Check out the list of dos and don’ts that will ensure an effective partnership between you and your offshore team:
What You Should Know about an Offshore Dedicated Development Team
There are different ways to refer to an offshore dedicated development team. By definition, it is a group of highly experienced software developers and engineers who work remotely from other countries to help businesses develop and maintain software applications. These teams provide cost-effective, trustworthy, and reliable solutions for businesses, enabling them to quickly and easily achieve their goals. Offshore dedicated development teams have expertise in various areas, such as web and mobile application development, database research, cloud computing solutions, and customized software solutions. Additionally, these dedicated teams are able to adhere to high standards of security protocols in order to effectively protect customer data and keep business operations running smoothly.
Why Offshore Dedicated Teams?
It is not that difficult to answer this question. Most IT businesses decide to outsource to offshore developers or set up their own ODCs in order to tap into the benefits of this model:
- Lower labor costs: Offshore development teams are typically able to provide services at a lower cost than local developers. This can save businesses thousands of dollars in labor costs and can be beneficial for small businesses with limited resources.
- Expanded talent pool: There are now many highly skilled and experienced professionals working outside their home countries, thus more and more companies are turning to offshore development for their projects. This allows businesses to capitalize on resources from around the world and gives them access to talent pools that would otherwise be unavailable.
- Increased flexibility: Offshore teams have greater flexibility compared to local development teams, allowing you to make changes or adjustments quickly and easily if needed. In addition, working with remote developers also allows businesses more time for other tasks since much of the work can be done remotely or during non-business hours when necessary.
- Streamlined communication: Working with remote teams means that communication has become much easier thanks to modern technologies like video conferencing and online collaboration tools. This makes it simpler and faster for everyone involved in the project to stay in touch and ensures that everyone’s input is heard when needed.
- Improved focus on core business processes: With an offshore dedicated development team in place, businesses will no longer need to waste precious time managing software engineering teams or trying to hire new employees every time a project comes up—allowing them instead to focus their energy on their core business processes such as marketing, product design, finance, etc.
- Greater flexibility: Having an offshore development team provides more flexibility for organizations to scale and adjust development plans quickly, if necessary. Projects can also be completed faster by taking advantage of different time zones to avoid delays from continuously having to go back and forth between two locations.
- Expertise: Offshore development teams often specialize in specific technologies or programming languages, giving them greater expertise than local developers who may not have the same level of experience or knowledge. By hiring an offshore team, you don’t have to worry about finding the right talent as they already have it.
- Improved quality of work: An offshore development team is likely to produce better results due to their extensive knowledge of specific technology stacks and processes that they are experts in. They are also accessible to the latest tools and trends in the industry, which helps streamline projects and improve efficiency.
What You Should Do When Hiring Offshore Teams – Dos
- Do the research and compare vendors: The most important step when it comes to hiring a dedicated offshore team is to find out the best available option for you. Research the vendor, analyze their offerings, read reviews, contact their previous clients, and make sure that they meet your standards in terms of quality of service, cost-efficiency, and timeline.
- Do set clear goals: When delegating work to a dedicated offshore team, you must be very clear about your expectations and goals. Having a well-defined scope of the project from the get-go will help avoid confusion and misunderstanding on both ends.
- Do have regular communication: Establishing regular and effective communication with your offshore team is essential for the success of the project. A dedicated manager or a point person from both sides should always be available to discuss progress, address any issues, and ensure that the team is on track with the project goals.
- Do look for technical expertise: When hiring an offshore dedicated development team, make sure you check their technical knowledge and expertise in their respective field. Ask for samples of previous work, references, and portfolios to ensure that they have what it takes to develop your product/solution successfully.
What You Should Not Do When Hiring Offshore Teams – Don’ts
- Don’t rush into it: No matter how pressing your timeline may be, investing time to analyze vendors properly and compare their offerings is essential. Don’t rush into signing the agreement with the first vendor you come across, as this can lead to substandard work and a lot of headaches down the line.
- Don’t overlook cultural differences: When working with a dedicated offshore team, it is important to keep in mind that there may be different ways of working based on cultural preferences. Make sure that your expectations are clearly communicated and understood by both parties to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Don’t underestimate risk factors: Like with any external hire, there will always be certain risks involved when you outsource development work to offshore teams. You’d better make sure you have done your due diligence and have all necessary measures in place before delegating the project to them.
- Don’t forget about legalities: Before you sign a contract with an offshore development team, make sure that you understand all applicable laws and regulations in place. Discussing possible liabilities and terms of service ahead of time will help ensure that everyone is on the same page throughout the duration of the project.
By following these do’s and don’ts when it comes to hiring dedicated offshore teams, you can be sure that your projects are in good hands while saving time and money at the same time. Outsourcing with an experienced vendor who understands your business needs can help you launch products faster with fewer risks, allowing your internal team to focus on more important tasks. With proper research and communication, you can find the right offshore dedicated team that will help you achieve your goals in no time.