Drones have become the latest photography and videography trend. Everyone from home users to professional photographers to vloggers desires to have an elite class drone.
However, if you are a beginner or if you do not want to spend thousands of dollars on a drone that offers the basic features; then consider your work is done because I have listed the ten best drones under 200.
So, if you want to experience impressive aerial photography and videography, then you can select any of the best drone under 200 from this list with my experience-based recommendations.
1. SNAPTAIN A15 Foldable FPV WiFi Drone
Using a drone for the first time can be a bit of a challenge, especially if you travel frequently. So, if you are a first time user and you are in search of a smart drone that is almost storage and travel-friendly then I highly recommend SNAPTAIN A15 to you.
SNAPTAIN A15 might not be the most hi-tech option; but according to my experience, I can assure you that there cannot certainly be a better option for first-time users than the SNAPTAIN A15.
- Foldable blades make it travel and storage-friendly.
- Voice command controls that are perfect for a quick landing.
- Fly-by-trajectory ensures smooth and monitored control.
- Altitude hold mode makes it easier to capture photos on a high altitude.
- Gravity sensor and 3D VR headset compatibility.
- Single-button take-off and landing option.
- 120°Wide-angle 720P HD FPV Camera.
- WiFi Connectivity.
- Short battery time.
- Connectivity issues.
2. Holy Stone HS110D FPV RC Drone
Beginners’ drones usually come with limited features. However, the Holy Stone HS110D offers a ton of advanced features that up to this drone’s game without making it too complicated for first-time users. I loved Holy Stone HS110D’s 360-degree flip and role feature because it enhances that flying experience.
The only feature that makes me think twice before recommending it to beginners is Holy Stone HS110D’s flying time. The limited 10-min flying time can be challenging, especially for beginners.
- 3D VR headset compatibility for lifelike viewing experience.
- Headless control mode.
- Easy-to-use drone app-controlled flying
- Single-button for take-off and landing
- High attitude and 4-speed modes.
- LED battery indication for a 40-sec safe landing.
- Control app only allows Android 4.4 and iOS 7.0 or higher versions.
- Camera adjustment and low battery timing issues.
3. Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3 WiFi FPV Drone
Not every beginner is willing to pay $200 or even $100 for a trial drone to learn and practice their skills. So, I had to include this amazing drone that is specially designed for beginners.
Although this is a few years old, I still firmly believe that both performance and design-wise there are no drones available in the market that can complete with Cheerwing Syma X5SW-V3, especially on the small $40-50 price tag.
- Very stable yet fast flyer.
- Easy and simple to assemble.
- Great value for money.
- HD camera and 360-degree roll feature.
- Smart and reliable Syma app
- Struggles in very windy conditions.
- Average 2MP camera.
4. Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone
A beginners list of drones cannot be complete without a mini drone that is safe for both indoor and outdoor flying. The Holy Stone HS170 is an extremely popular drone amongst the beginners because it does not require FAA registration because it passes all the conditions.
Although this drone does not have a camera, it is a reliable option for beginners to practice their skills and stunts before they decide to switch to a more expensive drone with a camera.
- No FAA registration required due to its size.
- Compact and travel-friendly.
- Stable to fly.
- An excellent option for beginners.
- Quick response time.
- Durable body, windproof, and damage resistant.
- Lacks a camera.
- Long charging time and short battery time.
5. Holy Stone F181W WiFi FPV Drone
If you want a feature-rich drone, but you do not want to spend a ton of money than the price vs. feature comparison of the Holy Stone F181W drone will surely surprise you. For $108, I did not expect this drone to offer such a fantastic 720p wide-angle camera and 360-degree flip.
The Holy Stone F181W offers a range of pre-programmed modes and settings that make flying very easy for beginners. I have tested the Holy Stone F181W drone several times, and it has impressed me every single time.
- FPV real-time transmission with the built-in WiFi module.
- Easy and safe to fly.
- Automatic Altitude Hold.
- Comes pre-assembled.
- Issues in flying during medium wind pressure.
6. DBPOWER X400W FPV RC Quadcopter Drone
If you are looking for a top-class drone on a strict under $100 budget, then stay prepared to be blown away by the DBPOWER X400W. You cannot surely find a more feature-packed drone for the same price range.
Although DBPOWER X400W is primarily made for beginners to practice their skills before they invest in a big boy; I can assure you that some of the features that are offered in DBPOWER X400W aren’t even available in drones with a bigger price tag.
- Sturdy and robust build quality.
- Spare parts easily available.
- Easy to control.
- Offers Virtual Reality and FPV features.
- 360-degree flip feature available.
- No GPS.
- Struggles even in low to medium wind conditions.
7. Syma X5SC Drone
Syma X5SC Drone was recommended to me by a friend. Although, I can be a little picky fussy when it comes to Syma drones only because I have not always had the best luck with Syma drones. However, the Syma X5SC Drone has completely changed my opinion in the right way.
For beginners, the Syma X5SC Drone is an excellent buy as it offers all the essential features at an affordable price.
- No FAA registration required.
- Equipped with the latest 6-Axis flight control systems.
- 3D lock and headless control feature available.
- Can perform stunts.
- Average camera quality.
- Stability issues reported.
8. U45W Blue Jay WiFi FPV Drone
If you don’t want to spend too much, but still you wish to have a drone that offers an HD camera, FPV, and WiFI; then the Force1 U45W is hands down the best option.
So, no matter if Force1 U45W is your first drone, or you simply want a drone that you can enjoy while you wait to purchase a more expensive option or you are like me who prefers to take low priced, feature-rich drones like Force1 U45W to trips for off course the convenience of it, Force1 U45W is highly recommended by me.
- 720p HD camera & VR headset compatibility.
- Manual camera angle adjustment option.
- Stable flyer with 6-axis gyro wind resistance.
- One button take off/landing, Attitude mode, Headless Mode, and Custom Route mode.
- Short 10-min battery time.
9. Brushless Force 1 F100 Ghost Drone
The Brushless Force 1 F100 Ghost Drone is made to impress its users. When I gave Force 1 F100 Ghost a try for the first time, I was stunned by its amazing features. 3D flip, long battery time, 2 speeds, detachable HD 1080p camera and on top of that all Brushless ultra-quiet motor.
So, if you are like me; and you are in look for the best buys that offer the most value for money. Then, you will not be disappointed by the Brushless Force 1 F100 Ghost Drone.
- 2 speed modes allow better control a smarter response rate.
- Less noise in videos due to the noiseless Brushless Motor.
- Allows 360-degree flips.
- 15 min long battery life.
- HD 1080p camera for excellent quality pictures and videos.
- High altitude hold.
- GoPro hero 3 and 4 ready.
- Limited 100m range and no GPS.
- Image stability issues.
10. Force1 UDI U818A Drone
F Force 1 is widely trusted for its drones. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or at the pro level, there is a high chance that you must have some time in your life either heard about or tried a drone from force 1. When someone asks me for recommendations, Force 1 is amongst my top recommendations.
Like other camera drones from Force 1, the UDI U818A Quadcopter is an excellent option for beginners. It is a feature-rich quadcopter that comes with freebies.
- Comes with a VR headset, extra batteries, and a power bank.
- WiFi-enabled and FPV feature.
- Altitude hold, stable, and easy to fly.
- Can efficiently perform 360-Degree flips and other stunts.
- Crystal explicit videos and photos with an HD 720p camera.
- Charging issues reported.
11. Ryze Tech Tello
Ever since the DJI drones have launched, they have ruled the market, but their high price tag means that these amazing drones are not within reach of beginners with a mid-range budget. Fortunately, for under 200 dollars, you can experience a bit of the fantastic technology of DJI with the Ryze Tello. A beginner-friendly, compact drone with a combination of impressive technology and features.
The Tello can capture and stream 720p video to a smartphone via WiFi; it can also take 5mp photos, which you can record on the Ryze app. The app will also alert you when the drone is running low on battery. The drone’s technology is powered by an Intel 14-core processor and Built-in sensors that enable it to take off and hover.
This drone is great for anyone, including kids, because its features like “Throw & Go” launch and flips. That’s not all! For users of all ages who are also into programming, the Tello has Scratch programming language support, so have fun exploring how you can program the drone to do cool tricks.
For all of you Marvel fans out there, check out the Ryze Iron Man Edition.
- It comes with the leading DJI software
- Features VR compatible for added fun
- Highly affordable considering the technology and features offered
- Lack of SD card onboard means the drone can’t save what it captures on camera.
Selecting the perfect drone that ticks all the boxes might take some research, but I can assure you that you will undoubtedly enjoy flying the drones recommended in this list. However, before making the purchase reassure that you will be able to adapt the cons and enjoy the pros of your drone. Good luck!:-)