Netflix is available on many countries and on all kinds of devices, including smartphones, tablets, computers, a few streaming devices, and certain types of smart TVs, etc.
However, if you have a non-smart TV at home, and scratching your head trying to figure out how to stream Netflix on your TV, then you’ve come to the right place.
In this article, we will show you three ways to watch your favorite Netflix shows and movies on a non-smart TV that is not preinstalled with the Netflix app.
Solution 1 — Get a Streaming Device
If you are considering replacing your old TV with a smart TV anytime soon, maybe you can consider a streaming device that has Netflix app installed, such as a Chromecast, Amazon Firestick or Roku.
Here below, we will take the Roku box as an example to show you how to get Netflix to your non-smart TV.
- Step 1 — Hook up the Roku box to your TV with the cables, launch both the Roku and TV.
- Step 2 — Navigate to the search tab, then press “OK”, Type “Netflix” into the search bar.
- Step 3 — Select Netflix from the list, then click “OK”.
- Step 4 — Select “add channel” and press “OK”.
- Step 5 — Select “go to channel” and press “OK”.
- Step 6 — Now, log in to Netflix on the homepage and get started watching.
There you have it. It’s pretty easy to get Netflix to your non-smart TV with a streaming device. The steps are similar if you have a Chromecast, or Amazon Firestick.
Solution 2 — Cast your computer to TV
This solution is much easier. However, it only works with computers and TVs with HDMI slots. Once connected your computer to your TV, then you can use either the Netflix Windows app, or the browser to start watching your movies and shows.
Here below are the steps to connect your PC to your TV via an HDMI cable.
- Step 1 — Plug one end of the HDMI cable to your PC.
- Step 2 — Plug the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
- Step 3 — Use the TV remote to select the HDMI source on the TV.
- Step 4 — Now launch the Netflix app or open your browser on the PC to start watching your favorite movies or shows.
Solution 3 — Download Netflix videos to watch on TV
This solution could be your last resort if your TV does not even have an HDMI slot. In this case, the only way to watch Netflix videos on your TV is to download them to your computer hard drive first, and then use a USB drive to transfer the downloaded Netflix movies or shows to watch on your TV.
To make this happen, you will need a third-party Netflix video downloader software, because the native offline download feature of the Netflix app does not allow you to transfer the downloaded videos to anywhere else due the encryptions.
StreamFab Netflix Downloader is something you should be looking for in terms of how to download Netflix videos to watch entirely offline.
3.1 Features of StreamFab Netflix Downloader
A bunch of robust features are offered by this dedicated Netflix video downloader software:
- Download the Netflix videos from any regional Netflix site, including the U.S., U.K., Germany, Japan, and France.
- Save the downloaded Netflix videos as MP4 or MKV files that are playable on almost all the modern devices.
- Download Netflix videos in either 720p or 1080p quality video, together with EAC3 5.1 audio tracks.
- Pick your preferred audio and subtitle languages and also the way to handle the downloaded subtitles.
- Batch download multiple movie titles or all the episodes of a TV show in one go to save you much time.
- Superfast download speed to download a regular movie title around 10 minutes and a TV episode around 5 minutes.
- Download video metadata information to help you organize and manage all the downloaded media files with media servers like Kodi, Plex, or PlayerFab.
3.2 How to download Netflix movies to PC hard drive
StreamFab Netflix Downloader is extremely easy to use, just follow the steps below to download your favorite movies or TV shows.
- Step 1 — Download and install this Netflix downloader to your laptop, either the Windows, or macOS version, even the Android version of your smartphone or tablet.
- Step 2 — Launch the software, move to the VIP Services tab from the left menu.
- Step 3 — Open Netflix website and log in to your Netflix account.
- Step 4 — Play the movie or TV show you want to download.
- Step 5 — Now on the popup window, select the audio track, subtitles, and video quality you want.
- Step 6 — Hit the Download Now button to get your movies and shows to your hard drive.
As mentioned previously, when the download is complete, you can use a USB drive to transfer the downloaded MP4 files to your TV and watch them anytime you want.
After reading this article, you should now have a general idea of how to stream Netflix on your TV at home if it is not a smart one. The three solutions introduced above can prove to be very helpful to those in need.
Moreover, StreamFab Netflix Downloader is really a powerful tool not only in helping you to watch your favorite Netflix movies and shows on a non-smart TV, but also allowing you to keep the downloaded videos permanently.
- How to Change Netflix Region and Watch Any Version Easily
- Netflix and Microsoft Join Hands to Make a Cheaper Streaming Plan
- How To Watch Courage the Cowardly Dog on Netflix From Anywhere
- How To Watch Interstellar on Netflix
- How to Watch Harry Potter on Netflix
- How to Watch Spiderman Homecoming on Netflix
- 12 Best Shark Movies on Netflix