In today’s digital world, you never know when your computer will prompt “free up storage space.” Since running out of storage has become a common issue, finding a reliable portable hard drive has become a necessity.
Iomega external hard drives are popularly used to expand your PC and Mac memory. These high-capacity hard drives with stylish external housing are famous for their portability and usability. Iomega hard drives come in handy when you need to back up data from various computers or transfer data from one computer to another.
Iomega drives became widely famous because they can be used for both PC and Mac computers. These hard drives are easy to use and do not require a complex installation process.
If you are unsure about how to use an Iomega External Hard Drive, then follow this simple 5-step process.
Step 1 – Turn on your computer.
Step 2 – If your Iomega External Hard Drive has an AC adapter, then connect it. If not, then continue with step 3.
Step 3 – Connect the Iomega Hard Drive with FireWire or USB cable to your computer. Your computer will automatically detect the Iomega Hard Drive and open it in a separate window when ready.
Step 4 – You can now begin copying and deleting/removing files onto the hard drive.
To copy the files, drag and drop your files into the window. To delete/remove drag the files out of the hard drive window into the Trash or Recycle Bin. Or select multiple devices at once and press your keyboard’s Delete key to remove the files from the hard drive.
Step 5 – Remember to disconnect the hard drive after transferring files safely. Right-click on the Iomega Hard Drive and select Unmount or drag the hard drive onto the Trash icon.
Windows users can disconnect the hard drive by double-checking the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the taskbar and selecting Iomega External Hard Drive.
Never remove the hard drive while it’s transferring files. It can cause issues in the hard drive and also corrupt the files.
Unplug the Imoga Hard Drive after your computer notifies drive disconnection.
How To Fix Iomega External Hard Drive Not Recognized Error?
Sometimes computers are unable to recognize the Iomega External Hard Drive. The following 8 fixes will help you resolve the “not Showing up and not recognized” error.
- Ensure that the USB cable or HDMI cable is inserted and connected properly.
- Ensure that the cable is not damaged. Connect a different device with the sa
- me cable to check if the cable is working.
- Ensure that your USB or Flash Drive Port is working. Connect the hard drive to a different port to check.
- The USB disk boot failure can cause the “hard drive not recognized issue.” Restart your computer, reconnect your hard drive, and check if the Iomega Hard Drive is showing up.
- Ensure that your Iomega External Hard Drive is suitable for your computer. If you are connecting your Iomega Hard Drive to a Windows PC, ensure that it is compatible with Windows and not Mac only.
- At times, Iomega Hard Drive connects but doesn’t show up. To check whether it is connected or not, go to My Computer or check the Finder menu.
- Try resetting the NVRAM to resolve the “hard drive not recognized” issue.
- Check if the Iomega Hard Drive is installed in Disk Utility and try repairing it.
- The last option is to erase or reformat the Iomega External Hard Drive. Ensure that you recover data from your unrecognized Iomega Hard Drive before erasing it. Use reliable External Hard Drive Data Recovery software to safely recover the data.
We hope that this guide will help you use the Iomega External Hard Drive and also fix the “hard drive not showing” issue.
If you have any Iomega External Hard Drive-related issues or solutions, please share them with Reviewsed in the comments.