With Qualcomm finally announcing its brand new Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, it is a race to see which phone will be the first to release a phone with it. If rumors are to be believed, then OnePlus’s new flagship smartphone will be the very first. According to a post made on Weibo, the OnePlus 11 is set to launch with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset. This teaser comes only a day after the start of Qualcomm’s Summit 2022 in Hawaii.
During this summit, the company revealed all the details surrounding its latest mobile platform. According to Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 is a revolutionary chip. It contains an advanced AI engine and is the first chip to have Wi-Fi 7 connectivity. This feature will double the speeds obtained through Wi-Fi 6.
These rumors confirm the existence of a base OnePlus 11 model, which is a surprise. Only this year, OnePlus released its flagship line, including the OnePlus 10 Pro and the OnePlus 10T. Surprisingly there was no OnePlus 10.
These rumors also align with previous ones that stated that OnePlus was eyeing the end of 2022 to release their new flagship series, including the OnePlus 11 and the OnePlus 11 Pro. With this timeline, they could have the first phone powered by the latest Snapdragon chip.
Rumors about the potential specs of the OnePlus 11 Pro have been floating around the internet. They suggest that although the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset can capture images up to 200MP, the 11 Pro may not be capable of doing so.
This is all due to the cameras on the phone. The triple camera array on the rear of the phone is speculated to have a primary 50MP lens, a 48 MP ultrawide lens, and a 32 MP telephoto lens. Some sources also suggest that the OnePlus 11 Pro could have a RAM/storage combo of 16/256 GB. However, the base model may be limited to 8/128 GB.
- One Plus 11R Might Use the Best Qualcomm Processor: The Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Chipset
- Samsung Is Planning To Launch Its Galaxy S23 Series With the Snapdragon Chip Globally
- Leica Announces the Leitz Phone 2 With an Impressive Camera but Few Units
- Power S – Huawei’s Cheaper Foldable Phone With Plenty of Personality and Colors
- Xiaomi 13 Pro – Leaked Specs Suggest Battery and Camera Upgrades
- Samsung Galaxy S23 – All We Know About Samsung’s 2023 Flagship