Movavi is a popular screen recorder software that is usually used by gamers to record and stream games. However, it is famous among editors and other professionals too. But is Movavi really worth it? We will discuss that in this review of Movavi Screen Recorder.
Screen Video Recorder by Movavi
Movavi Screen Recorder can be used on Mac and Windows. It works smoothly on both platforms. Moreover, it supports multiple formats like PNG, MP3, MP4, GIF, MOV, AVI, and many more. You can share your work directly to YouTube or Google Drive. Movavi lets you export graphics from Whatsapp and Telegram.
Movavi works ultra-smooth with Intel hardware acceleration. The recorded videos are saved in the MKV format, which assures the best picture quality. You can later convert the video into other formats.
It is useful for capturing games on your screen, recording webinars, recording lectures, presentations, vlogs, how-to videos, and many more such things.
You can buy a business version, a personal version for a lifetime, or buy the bundle. The basic version of Movavi is free to use. The recordings and edits are watermarked in the free version.
And now, a little about the developer. Movavi is a software developer that has its presence all over the globe. The company actively develops tools that assist in processing, editing, and converting pictures, videos, and other multimedia files. Movavi has been in the game since 2004 and has made a place for itself in 200 countries.
What Movavi Screen Recorder Looks Like
When you open the Recorder for the first time, you will be relieved to find that all the tools are easy to use. Even with easier controls, the videos come out looking professional. When you start the recording screen, here are the features that you will stumble upon –
1. Capture region
You can choose what you want to record. It can be the whole screen or an app or window. You can also choose an area to record manually. You can also customize shortcuts.
2. Frame rate
You can manually select the fps rate, and it ranges from 5 fps to 60 fps. Higher fps will give you a higher quality of the video. But heavier files take up more space. So, consider the available space and set fps accordingly.
3. Audio quality
The best thing about Movavi is that it can capture system sounds and mic audio and stream them separately. Further, you can select between mono or stereo recording modes.
The software records your webcam video simultaneously. You can position the webcam region anywhere and configure it separately.
Movavi screen recorder has a bunch of useful effects to make your video more effective. For instance, the cursor highlighter has a dozen colors, and you can also display your keystrokes and hotkeys.
Now, this is a handy feature that lets you record the screen when you are away. You just have to set the timer, and Movavi will autostart the recording. After it shoots the video, you can set the software to sleep or shut down your computer.
With Movavi, you can speed up the recording of your computer. The ‘SuperSpeed’ Mode is functional for all the hardware that enables rapid video conversion. You can speed up the process if you have an AMD, NVIDIA NVENC, or Intel HD Graphics video card.
8. Taking Screenshots
While recording video, you can quickly grab screens. The screenshot mode lets you edit the screenshots before saving them. You can add stickers and other elements.
You can store your edited recording in AVI, MOV, MKV, GIF, or even in the MP4 format. You can also save the audio separately as an MP3 file. At the same time, the screen grabs can be saved JPG, PNG, or BMP.
As far as images are concerned, you can send them directly to WhatsApp or Telegram from Movavi. For videos, you can upload them to Google Drive or YouTube.
Movavi Technical Specs
Let us discuss the technical aspects of the Movavi software.
- The installation size is 42.8 MB for Windows and 89.6 MB for Mac.
- Operates on Windows (7,8 and 10) and Mac OS 10.10 and above.
- The screen resolution is 1024 x 768.
- Movavi takes up around 280 MB on the hard disk and, while in operation, takes up to 2 GB.
- The required RAM is 2 GB.
Free Vs. Paid Version
Movavi is free to use as long as you are okay with basic tools and watermarks. The free version has no options to edit screenshots or record audio. You can get a personal license, which is for non-commercial uses. For commercial purposes, you will have to switch to a business license.
A personal account can be accessed for a lifetime, and you can –
- Record audio
- Capture videos online
- Use your webcam for recording as well.
- Grab and edit screenshots
Meanwhile, you can avail yourself of a business license as annual subscriptions. You will get to use all the same tools like the personal account. However, you also get a commercial permit to use it within your company. If you purchase five or more business licenses at once, you can get a discount.
How to Use Movavi Screen Recorder
This is a quick step-by-step rundown that will help you use Movavi Screen Recorder.
- Download Movavi from its site and install the program. You can go for the free version or upgrade to a personal or business license.
- Start the software. Tap on the camera symbol and define the region that you want to record.
- To add audio, tap on the audio icon. If all the symbols are green, it means you have started recording.
- To stop video recording, tap the red button. It will display the recorded video in a separate window.
- Here, you can cut, edit, and save the recording in your desired format.
- For taking a screenshot, tap on the camera symbol displayed on the panel. Pick an area to capture. You can edit the shot right away.
Movavi Screen Recorder Review: The Yays and Nays
We can sum up the review into the following pros and cons.
- Extremely convenient to use at the office or home.
- It is quite affordable when compared to other contemporary software.
- Screenshots can be taken and edited quickly.
- Abundant export options.
- The recording panel is sleek and does not cause any distractions.
- Separate streaming can be done for the system and mic.
- Trimming, mixing, and editing are smooth and easy.
- The scheduling system comes in handy.
- The software is mostly free to use. However, to unlock the full experience, you have to buy the pro version.
- Movavi is not available on Linux as of today.
You cannot directly access the folder with previous videos from the software itself (this is just a minor inconvenience).
Movavi Screen Recorder Video Review
The pros beat the minimal cons in this case. The useful tools and user-friendly interface make it one of the best screen-recording tools. The free version is effective too. However, you can unlock all the good stuff at a minimal price. Movavi is undoubtedly the most affordable software out there. The abundantly supported formats and instant sharing come in handy. For more effects, you can easily combine Movavi with other video editors. With the scheduling feature, you don’t have to look any further!