Airpods promise consistent and smooth audio connection, but many people face issues where your AirPods continue to disconnect, or voice cuts out due to audio discrepancies, which can be a huge issue, especially when you’re in a meeting or even when you have your little concert. So naturally, the question arises, why is this happening? Is there any way you can fix it? The answer is yes; there are a few reasons why this may occur, and there are ways to fix it.
To know more about why your AirPods keep disconnecting and how to resolve the issue, continue reading.
Learn to Fix Your AirPods Connectivity Issue in 7 Ways
We have here a list of the seven methods that can be used to fix the connectivity issue on your AirPods. Keep moving on till the last solution to get a smooth pairing and avoid any disconnection.
1. Poor Connection
There is a high chance that the AirPods have been disconnected due to connectivity issues between the phone and earbuds. There isn’t any specific reason why this occurs, but the solution is pretty simple: you need to put them back inside the charging case for a little while so that they can disconnect from your device. Doing this will reboot the AirPods, and when you take them out again and connect them, they will have a better connection. Therefore, you shouldn’t have any issues regarding your AiPods disconnecting from your phone.
2. Automatic Ear Detection
Another issue why this could occur is automatic ear detection being enabled on your phone, which may interfere with your AirPods connections. This issue can arise when you may be fixing or fidgeting with Airpods, which could be causing an issue with your built-in ear detection feature of your AirPods. Thus, to fix this issue, follow these steps:
- Open Settings
- Tap on the option of Bluetooth
- Choose the option for your AirPods
- Tap on the information icon, a small i symbol in the corner.
- Turn off the Automatic Ear Detection option.
This should fix your problem, and there should be no more issues of your AirPods disconnecting and audio issues arising.
3. Firmware Update
If neither of the issues and the solutions mentioned above work for you, don’t worry. There are other ways to fix your AirPods from disconnecting. It could also be an issue of your AirPods integrated programming software needing to be updated. To fix this issue, make sure your Pods are connected to your iPhone, and then follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on General
- Tap on About
- Then select the option of AirPods
You should check if the version of the firmware is updated or not. If it isn’t, put them back in their charging case and plug in a power source. Also, keep your iPhone near the charging case of the AirPods and connect it to Wi-Fi. Within 30 minutes, the firmware on your AirPods should be updated.
4. Bluetooth Connection
Another way to reboot the system, ensure the best quality connection between your phone and Airpods, and prevent glitches is for you. To do this, go to your settings, turn off Bluetooth, and turn it back on. This should easily fix your problem.
But that’s not the only way your Bluetooth could be, resulting in low audio quality and resulting in disconnectivity issues; often, at times, a PC or Android device may not have been updated, due to which when the AirPods connect with that device, they downgrade to. Which resultantly has a bad connection quality due to a lower range. To prevent this, make sure that the device has Bluetooth 5.0 version.
If it doesn’t have Bluetooth 5.0 version, you could buy an external adapter or drive for your PC or Android device and plug them in whenever you use Aipods to ensure the best quality connection.
5. AirPod Health
AirPods, like every other device, are susceptible to wear and tear, especially because they are carried around with us wherever we go, and many times, we don’t keep them in the best condition. Many of us don’t realize that the lack of good care for AirPods could result in many issues, such as disconnection.
To avoid having any such issues, you could do your best to clean your AirPods every few days in the following way:
- Take a cotton swab and dip it in alcohol (70% isopropyl alcohol)
- Use that swab to clean every corner of your Airpods entirely.
- To further clean the ear wax and dirt, use a toothpick (Be careful not to put much pressure on the mesh area because it can be easily damaged)
- You can even use a toothbrush to clean any leftover dirt particles.
- Wipe it down with a cloth.
Doing this from a few days’ gaps should have your AirPods in the best health.
6. Forget the Device and Re-connect
There could be an issue arising in pairing the devices, which is why you may have to pair the devices again to get the best quality connection. This is applicable if the disconnection problem only occurs with a certain device and your AirPods work smoothly on all other devices. To unpair the devices and Re-connect, do the following:
- Keep the AirPods back in their charging case to disconnect
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Bluetooth
- Choose the option for your AirPod device among the paired devices
- Please tap on the information icon next to it
- Tap on the “Forget this Device” option
After this, you should take out your AirPods and pair the devices again by keeping them closer together, and this should fix this issue.
7. Automatic Switching
The ios software following from iOS 14 onwards tends to switch between your Apple devices once audio on it starts playing, which could result in disconnectivity issues. To avoid this from happening, disable the automatic switching option.
- Tap on the Bluetooth option in your Settings
- Choose your AirPods from the devices
- Tap on the information icon next to it.
- Choose the option of Connect to this iPhone
- Further, select the option of When Last connected to this iPhone.
It would help if you did the same with your other Apple devices, which should prevent any disconnectivity issues from arising in your AirPods due to Automatic Switching.
Now that you know the various reasons why your AirPods could be disconnecting from your device and providing low audio quality, you should be able to even fix these issues based on the abovementioned solutions.
Happy uninterrupted listening through your AirPods whenever and wherever you need without worrying about them disconnecting.
- 10 Best Headphones For Toddlers & Kids
- 5 Best Apple Headphones and Earbuds in 2023
- 5 Best Sony Headphones and Earbuds
- Sony WH-1000XM4 Wireless Headphones Review
- 10 Best Open-Back Headphones 2022
- All Different Types of Headphones and Earbuds
- 10 Best Waterproof Bluetooth Headphones (With Certified IPX) in 2022