The slew of ads on Crunchyroll are bothersome; you can avoid them by using an Adblock. But what if you already have an Adblock which is not functioning correctly on the Crunchyroll website. Today, we will tell you the different ways this issue can be resolved.
Crunchyroll is a fantastic streaming website that offers one of the largest selections of anime and manga series, ready to be viewed for free! Although it is a fantastic resource of free entertainment for anime lovers, the site has its downsides, one of which is the high number of ads. They are extremely cumbersome and ruin the user experience by disrupting the stream.
Adblock software is usually an effective way of preventing ads from annoying you, but sometimes adblockers don’t work and are bombarded with ads. One reason why your Adblock isn’t working as it should might be because of a certain mechanism used by streaming sites on the backend that stops ad blockers from working.
Thankfully, there are ways of working around this problem to ensure your AdBlock works effectively on the Crunchyroll site. Continue reading to learn about the ways you can make an Adblock function correctly:
How to Use An Adblock with Crunchyroll?
Update Your Chrome AdBlock Extension And Filter Lists
Crunchyroll is a master at using various filters to circumvent ad blockers. Adblocker extensions and filters that are out of date will be unable to maintain pace with evolving approaches and techniques. It is required to update the AdBlock extension as well as filters in this case.
To update your Chrome’s AdBlock plugin and filter lists, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Launch Chrome and navigate to the Action Menu. Just choose the More Tools option.
Step 2: Select Extensions from the sub-menu.
Step 3: To enable Developer mode, toggle the switch next to it in the top right corner.
Step 4: Click the Update button to update all Chrome extensions.
Step 5: After the plugins have been upgraded, reopen the Chrome browser and visit Crunchyroll once more to see if the advertising has been banned.
Step 6: If the adverts in Crunchyroll are still not being blocked, change the filter lists. The filtered lists are typically automatically updated. Users can, however, update them manually. To do so, go to the AdBlock official website and follow the steps for filtering AdBlock lists.
Step 7: After updating the filter lists, check to see whether the problem has been rectified.
How To Block Ads On Crunchyroll
Our guide shares multiple ways of fixing the Adblock not working on Crunchyroll site issue. We discuss some useful and practical tips that you can use to resolve the Crunchyroll Adblock not working error. We suggest that you try each method in sequence till the problem is fixed.
Method 1: Update Your AdBlocker
Sometimes your ad blocker will stop working on Crunchyroll’s updated ad-blocking mechanism. Therefore, if you are using an old ad blocker, it is time to update it because your outdated version can counter the latest stringent techniques used by streaming sites.
You will find the instructions to update your Adblock extension on the Chrome browser below:
- Open the Chrome browser and click on the Menu button located on the top.
- Once you’re in the menu, click More Tools and go to the Extensions.
- There, enable the Developer Mode and click on the Update button.
Go-to Crunchyroll and check if Adblock for Crunchyroll is functioning properly or not. If you are still getting ads, move on to the next fix.
Method 2: Move to a Different Adblocker or Browser
If your current ad blocker isn’t working properly, then the issue might be with your browser or ad blocker, which means you have to switch to another option. Thankfully, there are many great browsers and ad blocker extensions to choose from.
As far as ad blockers are concerned, here are a few reliable options: AdGuard, Adblock, Adblock Plus, StopAll Ads, Ublock, and Ublock Origin.
Similarly, for browsers, you can go for Opera Mini, Firefox, Brave, etc.
Try a new combination of browser and ad blocking extension. If it doesn’t work, move on to the next solution.
Method 3: Modify the Hosts File
In this method, the static.vrv.co modification will be added to the host file of your system through which Crunchyroll displays ads.
This will tell your browser to check your system for the specific ads. This method works because your system does not have such ads, which causes them to not load. The modification can be done by the following method:
1. Open File Explorer and go-to “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc”
2. Once there, locate the hosts file and right-click on it and click the Open With option. Select the Notepad from the list.
3. Go to the bottom of the file and add the following line:
4. Save and then close the file. Go-to the Crunchyroll website to check whether Crunchyroll Adblock is working.
Method 4: Blocking the Ad Requests
You can also block the URL of the ads directly, which will result in the browser (Chrome in this case) not loading that URL, and the ads will fail to load as well. You can perform this fix via the “Developer Tools” option of the Chrome Browser.
1. Start with launching the Chrome Browser on your PC. Next, load the Crunchyroll website.
2. Now Launch the Inspect Window by pressing CTRL+Shift keys.
3. Go to the “Elements” tab and press Ctrl+Shift+P to open the Command Drawer.
4. Now select the “Show Request Blocking” option from the drop-down menu or type the “Show Request Blocking” in the search bar and press Enter.
5. Now find the “Enable Request Blocking” option in the top left corner and select it.
6. Find the plus icon next to Enable Request Blocking and press it. Then type in vrv.co in the dialogue box and select Add.
These steps will help you block the URL of the ads, and Crunchyroll will not load the ads. If the above-mentioned steps do not work, try the fix 5.
Method 5: Try the Block Request Domain
Similar to Fix 4, you can block all the requests that are coming from a specific source by using the “Block Request Domain”.
For using this fix, you would have to find the exact domain that Crunchyroll uses to serve ads and then add those URLs to the Block Request Domain list. Follow the instructions below:
1. Launch the Chrome browser and open the Crunchyroll roll website.
2. Launch the Inspect Window by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I keys.
3. Now find the “Network” icon on the top section and select it, and then click on “Media.”
4, Now watch a few videos while keeping the Inspect Window open.
5. In a short while, you will get a list of various domains in the Names section that cause the ads to load.
6. Right-click on the domain and select the “Block request domain” option from the menu.
Once done, your Adblock Crunchyroll will start working on the website.
Method 6: Try the Guest Pass
If none of those mentioned above fixes works for you, you can try this easy fix! Crunchyroll gives a Guest Pass that allows the browser to browse the website without any ads for 48 hours.
The real question is – how to you get the Guest Pass? Most of the Premium account holders have these passes. Another way to get them is to stay active on Crunchyroll Guest Pass forum or the Reddit Weekly Guest forum.
We hope that one of these fixes help you activate Adblock on the Crunchyroll website. Don’t forget to share which one of our tried and tested fixes helped you!